linen napkins

I love napkins as gifts, and these might be my favorites so far!

(And I should mention, that if anyone is looking for a last minute gift idea, this one might be a good one! Aside from a bit of ironing, they’re pretty quick to make, and always provide a great result!)

I used this tutorial from the Purl Bee. I had some of this linen left over from the backing of this quilt, and I went with backings/bindings in similar colors as those used in the Purl Bee tutorial (why mess with a good thing, right?!)

Before stitching up the edges, I decided to add a bit of hand stitching, inspired by this tutorial. I think it’s a fun little added touch!

This entry was posted in Household Goods and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to linen napkins

Lisa says:

Those are very sweet….simple with a burst of color. Thanks for sharing!

Jessy says:

Fabulous! I love the addition of the hand stitching. I JUST finished a set of 14 of these from the same tutorial, but I used the blue/green/gray range from DS’s Hope Valley. I think I am in love – and you are right: aside from a little ironing, they are easy and quick.

I’ve always liked that tutorial – thanks for the reminder! Your embroidery looks great.

Emmmylizzzy says:

These are lovely and I’m sure anyone would love to receive them as a gift. I know I would!

Beth says:

Just beautiful! My SIL would love them…hmmmm.

Tara says:

these would be perfect for a friend’s bridal shower that i’m throwing next month… thanks!

Amber Polk says:

What a great idea! I would love to make these for myself too! I will have to find some linen now.

Hey there! We think your crafty blog is great, and we want to share it with other sewers and quilters by featuring a link on http://www.WeAllSew.com! We’ll be featuring you as a “Favorite Blog” find all next week. Please let me know if you have any questions about being featured at WeAllSew.com. Thanks so much-Erika

Nova says:

gorgeous! & of course I love those hand stitches ;) x

Kim says:

Something natural, perhaps?! Love ‘em! Looking forward to Friday!

Terri says:

so lovely, especially with the extra hand stitching added to the corners. These will make a table look quite festive!

Dan R says:

I’m working on a set of these purl bee napkins, too. I love the embroidered corners!

Mary Margaret says:

How charming! I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t love a set of these! I know I would!

Elizabeth says:

So pretty! (And I think I’m going to copy you!)

Suzanne says:

You did such a good job!

I love Linen at the moment, It looks fantastic with all the bright colours.

18. Pingback: FITF: simple sewing for baby | Film in the Fridge

Rosalie says:

Lovely! They look great and I love the hand stitching, it’s a great touch!

20. Pingback: color sorting « Growing Laufey