the stockings are hung

I shouldn’t show you these, since our stockings are not handmade (though my excuse may be that they were purchased before I knew how to sew!). My parents gave us these stocking holders recently, and since there were three of them, what could I do?

Even though the baby won’t actually be here for Christmas this year, I thought a cute little stocking was in order. I made this one up with lots of red, green & brown scraps, and lined it in white. No pattern – I just drew out a stocking shape and was pleasantly surprised that it does indeed resemble a stocking!

Things are starting to look festive around here!

This entry was posted in baby and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to the stockings are hung

Fran says:

How festive it all looks. Is your tree up?

randi says:

cute cute cute! i love that you are letting the up and coming little one in on this year’s festivities!

Lisa says:

I like the brown with the red and green. Very sweet!

Erica says:

I love the sweet stocking that you made for the baby! That is very sweet!

Debbie says:

Darling!! I recently made a stocking for my new granddaughter – DID use a pattern – it happens to hang to the left like all of yours. BUT I realized later, all our other family stockings (some purchased, some handmade) all pointed to the RIGHT! Any thoughts on stockings pointed one way or another??
    Anyway – your mantle & stockings are sweet….

tasha says:

i love your baby stocking!!

Alisa says:

Very sweet. Wishing you an absolutely delightful 2011. Yours will be one lucky and loved little one indeed.

Jona says:

It’s simply adorable! Of course next year you’ll have to make a new one about 20 times bigger (trust me on this!). Merry Christmas!!

Annalia says:

Cute. I had to thow my stocking holders away, before my toddler pulled them down on his head. :( …but it’s ok. I like the simple, non-lethal ones I found at target this year. :)

Angie says:

Haha! I had to laugh at that last comment–our stockings are not hung because I too am afraid that our youngest will pull the stocking (and heavily weighted stocking holder) down on her head. So no stocking-hanging until Christmas Eve this year!

Wendy Yates says:

So Cute! Of course the baby needs a stocking! I wonder what Santa will put in it!

Marie says:

LOVE it! Mine aren’t handmade either… but I’m starting to think they should be!

Suzanne says:

The baby’s stocking ties in perfectly, of course!

Elise says:

Did you make the adorable pictures of the butterflies and crabs on the mantel? How?