distracted…

Well, I’m not doing so well on my Christmas list. In fact, I can’t even come up with a list! And I’m a little worried about the fact that I’m running out of time to get all my gifts made and/or purchased. It might be that I’ve been spending too much time making and buying cute baby items instead…

there are lots of things I’d like to make from these two books!

my obsession with baby blankets continues! I love this one made out of two Nani Iro double gauze fabrics.

and we’ve dug out a few of our old childhood items – Morgan’s baby chair, and one of my old stuffed animals (he’s definitely seen better days!)

There have also been a few purchases made –

cute and colorful diapers

tiny baby shirts

and this great little vintage bank… which I’m sure the baby won’t appreciate, but which I just adore!

But this weekend… Christmas gifts. I will not be distracted this time!

(Hope you’re all doing better at getting ready for the holidays!)
– – -

This entry was posted in baby and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to distracted…

Lisa says:

So sweet…esp. that wee green frog!

Linda says:

Sigh, I don’t even have the excuse, er, reason, of a pregnancy to explain my lack completed Christmas gifts. I do have some ideas (mug rugs??) and some fabrics out and washed for some decorated tea towels, but the quilts I started last winter are still just tops with the batts mocking me and the backs and binding snickering over in the corner….. 8-]. Have a good, productive weekend! I’ll be thinking of you.

xo Linda

Jane says:

that bank is to-die-for-adorable. love!

Marisa says:

Which diapers did you buy? The colors are fabulous!

Jenn says:

I love my cloth diapers. We use bum genius. What brand are you using?

I also understand the distractions. I have piles of supplies for Christmas gifts and have been distracted as well.

I’m dying to make some voile/flannel blankets for my little girls after seeing yours. After my Christmas gifts are done of course.

niki says:

Lovely items.
    I sure miss my kids when they were babies.
    I cloth diapered my last baby (girl).
    Loved it and it saved so much money!

Megan says:

Oh my goodness…it’s hard to tell from the picture, but I’m pretty sure I have that same stuffed frog!

Nikki says:

Oooh, I <3 cloth diapers. They are just so cute!

Kristin says:

I totally understand! When I found out I was pregnant all I wanted to do was make things for baby. I had to wait till I was about 7 months to start the nursery since we where waiting for a remodel to be complete. But now I am sitting one day past my due date twiddling my thumbs because I did everything already. My advice would be get on the Christmas gifts and save some baby stuff till the end when you won’t want to do anything but baby stuff. :)

Elaine says:

Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your little one! I love AMH’s Handmade Beginnings– the little jacket for boys and the peek-a-boo quilts are my favorites! In terms of blankets, you may have some of these already/already know this but flannel squares (I usually do about 44-45″ so that I can maximize the fabric, plus the bigger the better!) are great for swaddling. I just hemmed the edges– easy peasy and by far the most useful baby things I made for my babe.

Amy says:

Cloth diapers are the way to go! Good for you. Aren’t they adorable? If you like All-in-Twos you should look at Bootyful Baby Boutique. She’s on Facebook! A very sweet WAHM. :)

Brooke says:

Yay! I’m so glad you’re planning to cloth diaper!

Jo says:

I’m doing about as well as you! But I also have the baby excuse, so i’m sticking with you there, too. You’d think the novelty might have worn off a little by number two, but no, I’m more into making teeny weeny baby stuff than ever before!

Christina says:

I really liked the fit of those Grobabys but hubby could not get it that you only throw the inner in the pail!! (we had a lot of sposo easy all in ones too) so train that dude at the get go!! Good luck, it is so fun to prepare and gather and sort and fold and dream!! Love those blankets you are churning out lately.

sheila pin says:

I think you should Christmas shop but allow yourself to buy one baby thing for every gift you buy – a reasonable compromise since you are buying baby things anyway and might be more likely to get you out the door.

Sarah Keel says:

Yay for cloth diapers! We used them with both kids (the beaut of them being reusable) and loved them… And, like you, I’m so busy making baby gifts (for other people) that I can’t get started on my Christmas gifts… but our 16 mo old starts wailing whenever I get the sewing machine out (usually at night… well after he’s supposed to be “down for the night.” Which is a moving target lately…) , so I *must* get going soon. Hopefully you’ll have better luck than me!

karen says:

I had a spring baby and used muslin wraps. Those wraps are now so thin and holey fron snuggling. He loves touching it while he goes to sleep, even at 5. my cousin’s daughter is the same. So keep making the baby blankets as you may need replacements when a favouite is beyond repair.

WendyLou says:

I’m in the same boat sans bun in the oven. I haven’t done one drop of Christmas shopping yet. Maybe I need to spend some quality time with good ole Amazon …

You know, Christmas happens each year, without fail, but a first baby only arrives once, so go with it soon-to-be-mama!

Terri says:

How fun to be making and buying baby gifts, especially such adorable ones! I love this new blankie – the greys are awesome. I swear I had the same frog when I was a kid, and still have it. So cool to reminisce like this.

Sarah C. says:

I can so relate to you – and I don’t even have pregnancy to blame it on! I have no idea what I’m getting half the people on my list and absolutely no desire to go shopping! Ack!!

Nicole B. says:

Welcome to the club…wait till he is here…it’s very hard not to buy baby items…everythign is just so darn cute!

Emmmylizzzy says:

Lol – just wait until next Christmas!

Emily says:

Lots of fun baby-related pics. I love them all, but there’s a special place in my heart for those cloth diapers! Can’t wait to see all the baby stuff you have in the works :)

Kim says:

So cute! Love the pics!

Annie says:

ME TOO!!! though my sewing machine has been quiet (unfortunately) but my knitting needles are forever knitting baby things, i’m due in six weeks. But knowing I was due so close to christmas I told myself not to go crazy with the handmade lists… i still have things in my head that i know wont get done, but for the most part I decided to focus on the baby things instead, so really, it’s all going according to plan haha.

it is all so sweet! even after having 4 babies of my own, I still can’t get over how cute all the baby items are! I could be a professional baby shopper! now that izzy is officially a toddler, I am really missing all the cute baby items, so I will have to live vicariously throu you!

I am so behind on my Christmas sewing that I may be sewing on Christmas!! but playing with izzy is one of the things that I love more than sewing, so it’s a constant distraction.

ap says:

Those are the diapers we use with our twins! We really like them – the twins and the diapers. ;)

Jenna says:

The Bum Genius diapers are the best! My little girl is over a year now and they look the same as the day we bought them.

Andi says:

Love that you are using GroBabies!! They’re our favorite cloth diapers. Big fan of Rump-a-Rooz for nighttime use – they never leak, even on a boy who sleeps 11 hours a night.

Emma says:

I’ve just been reading back through your blog and couldn’t help exclaim over the frog – I had one the same as a child! It was my favourite, and is considerably more dilapidated than yours!