weekend plans…

I’m so happy it’s Friday! It seems like it was a long week, and I’m looking forward to the weekend to get caught up on some sewing projects. I’ve been working on a few patchwork baby quilts – this one was a custom order and is already happy at home with a new owner…

There will hopefully be a couple of other patchwork quilts out of various fabric lines for the shop, as well as one for a charity raffle, which I’ll tell you more about soon.

This weekend we’re also hoping to give a fresh coat of paint to at least one bedroom. We’re considering gray for the baby’s room, but there are so many grays that I’m having trouble selecting one! In an attempt to get that room ready, I’ve also been moving my fabric and will be doing some destashing. I’ve listed a few items already, and more will be listed as I have time! You can find them in my shop.

Hope you all have time this weekend for a little sewing! :)

This entry was posted in 2010 Finished Quilts, Fabric, Finished Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to weekend plans…

Kar says:

I’m sure the quilt will be well loved by it’s new owner. It’s gorgeous! And a belated congrats to you and your hubby on the baby. How exciting! Have a great weekend! :)

Emily S says:

We’ve been pouring over greys as well for our dining room. Look forward to seeing which one you choose!

Miquela Mangum says:

At Home Depot, in the Martha Stewart line of paints, Dolphin is a really great grey. It looks dark when you are putting it on the walls, but when it dries it is the perfect shade of grey and it goes with every color you can imagine.

amanda says:

go with greige! I’m torn between mega greige and perfect greige for sherwin williams to paint my basement right now…

Jan says:

Love the quilt. I’m sure the owners are very happy with it. Grey can be a “cold” color, so be careful.

marlene says:

I’m in love with this quilt! Beautiful! And good luck with painting!

cheryl says:

hi! we’re still in CA so i have yet to rip open the lovely package waiting for me at home! can’t wait!! happy weekend to you.

Nikki says:

Here’s a couple of links about selecting the right shade of gray.

Happy painting! I loved decorating for my daughter’s nursery, and now I can’t wait to decorate her “big girl” room!

sarah says:

grey is a hard shade to pick out at a paint store….

i HIGHLY recommend getting those little paint testers. When my boyfriend and i were going to paint out living room grey i think we tested 8 different shades of ‘grey’ (and TWO trips to home depot!). We ended up picking out one that was a bit more beigy and less blue/grey and i think it turned out well. it’s called Sculptor’s Clay by Behr Ultra.

Terri says:

what a lucky person to receive this quilt! Serious FMF envy! Have fun painting and sewing this weekend! Paint colors are SO hard to choose, so I can empathize.

Anne says:

If you want a lighter grey, might I suggest “mercury glass” by Martha Stewart. I don’t know if it’s still available, but the formula could be found online. It is a lovely sort of pussy willow shade that coordinates beautifully with other colours. I used it for my back bedroom a few years ago and still love it. Perfect for a baby, I think.

Paige says:

Beautiful quilt. We have an 8 month old and painted his room gray. We LOVE it!

I love LOVE Coastal Villa by Valspar (it doesn’t actually look grey on the paint chip, but totally looks like a warm grey on the walls). If that is took dark, I really like the color two steps lighter, the color I painted my sewing room, something like oatlands subtle taupe (I can’t remember) but it’s a really beautiful color. Have a happy weekend!

niki says:

love this quilt. the patchy ones are my fav, seriously the best!

blue.crab says:

I recently painted my sewing room a lovely blue-gray shade. Twilight gray by Behr. Can’t remember the number off the top of my head, usually can, but we just painted the entire house…
    It goes great with the white in there, and would be great for a boy.
    Side note, I had some left over paint, painted the laundry room that color too, and it’s working great with yellow accents…

Lindsay says:

I just love your flea market fancy patchwork! I drool every time you post a new one.

sheila pin says:

I’m really curious about what your house looks like – not that I need pictures or anything – your privacy is yours. But you use such a mix of colours that I wonder how it all fits in with your home. Do you have blonde furniture or dark wood? Is your style modern or antique? Are your walls white or do you mix it up? Just curious. Love your site. sheila

20. Pingback: in the midst of a big project | skirtastop