a plethora of pretty potholders

It seems I may be in a bit of a potholder-making craze. I’m not entirely sure why, other than the fact that I find them fun to make, and a good way to make up different improv blocks without having to commit to an entire quilt (I have too many quilts that need finishing!)

After making my holiday themed potholders recently, I decided to do a series of Flea Market Fancy potholders, using just a couple colors for each pair of potholders.

They each have a unique improv-style block for the front, and a corresponding FMF backing, each bound in a solid brown.

And even though we’re in need of some updated fresh, clean potholders, I’m listing these in the shop instead, since I can’t pick a favorite! I figure whatever doesn’t sell can be the ones we keep!

(please note that I’m using a new shop — hopefully it will all work as it should, but certainly do let me know if you run into any problems!)

This entry was posted in Household Goods and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to a plethora of pretty potholders

Emily S says:

I would just love to see the amount of FMF you’re sitting on. Your stash seems to never end!

Oh, these are amazing. A plethora of FMF love…

Those are lovely!! I love making potholders – they’re such a quick and satisfying project. I’m due for a few new sets that have been requested as Christmas presents. They’re my favorite way to try new patterns and color combos and showcase special fabric.

Linda says:

I would say it is a case of “Pregnancy Nesting” 8-)

Bailey says:

I love this! I’m pretty new to quilting and I really haven’t explored much. It just recently occurred to me to make smaller project such as pot holders and the ‘new’ rug mugs. I think it will be a great way to practice different blocks and quilting techniques.

Thanks for sharing!

Shannon says:

These are beautiful! I hope you sell all:)

Raven says:

I love these! I would be too worried about staining the FMF!

Melanie says:

Whenever I need to go to my happy place I go out on the internet and surf quilt images. Every once in a while I would come across one that used a block I wasn’t used to seeing or used it in a different way or had a color way that spoke to me. First there was the flower quilt. Then there was the black and white with green (I had started a black and white baby quilt also – but the quilt shop ladies weren’t impressed with the idea, lol). The pieced squares on a white background, the random strips of scraps…and THEN the Rubrik quilt. LOVE IT! That was when I realized that the quilts I loved the best were all made by you. LOL. All of this is to say you are my hero…:)

Terri says:

they are very pretty! Looks like you had a fun and productive weekend! Love the fabric combos, especially paired with the solid brown.

elsa says:

great potholders! one can NEVER have enough! a friend of mine is selling at a craft fair and she’s made 100 potholder (among other things).
    I’ve luckily, been the recipient of a few and they are so wonderful. I use them more for art than potholders.

11. Pingback: gifts: thanksgiving potholders » Stolen Moments