pretties in the mail

I love me a good mail day. Who wants bills or junk mail when you could find packages containing such goodness? Today I found a package containing some fun fabrics to add to my stash… (let’s not discuss the fact that fabric should be leaving my house, not arriving! At some point there will have to be a bit of a destash, but I’m not ready for that just yet!)

Anyway, great new Echino fabrics from Etsuko Furuya’s newest line. I’m particularly fond of these patchwork prints.

(fabrics purchased from Fabricworm)

These may have jumped into my cart too — lovely polka dots in a variety of sizes and lovely shades.

But the best mail? Handmade gifts made just for you from a faraway blog friend! I’ve been reading Nova’s blog for quite some time now, and I’ve been in love with everything she makes. She was so sweet to offer up a little swap, and I was thrilled to see a package with an Australian postmark.

And inside? Just the cutest handmade items ever!

This wonderful little pincushion! Both sides are so fabulous that I’m not sure I’ll be able to stick either with pins. Just look at these teeny tiny little crosses –

and this fabulous embroidery. Love it!

In addition, Nova also included this wonderful mug rug. I’ve been admiring all the great mug rugs on Flickr, and I’m so happy to have one of my own.

I’ve been indulging in a nice mug of hot chocolate often these days, and that and my animal crackers sit ever so nicely on this mug rug (and it’s double-sided… even better!).

Thank you so much Nova!!

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to pretties in the mail

Karin says:

Do I see a bit of wit in the pin cushion? English flags to push pins into? I am an American, but after living in London for 10 years, I’ve noticed a friendly rivalry between the Australians and their English cousins. Especially where sports are involved!

Renee says:

The fabric is gorgeous, but the gifts are too cute, very lucky gal!!

Kristie says:

Ohhh, I love a good mail day, too, and you scored well today!

Mug rugs sound so much sweeter than my old coasters. Speaking of hot chocolate… I’m a homemade cocoa kind of fan. Yesterday I sweetened mine with maple syrup. What a treat that was! Good for us Vermont/Canadian girls.

elsa says:

oh, I love to get mail like that too! I especially like the pincushion! it’s very cute and all the
    rest is pretty nice too!

Beth says:

Goodies in the mail always make for a fun and happy day :) I have been admiring that polkadot bundle from fabricworm for some time but hadn’t made the purchase yet, I am so jealous! Smiles…

Angela says:

oh the pincushion and mug rug are so darling! What a great swap!

Emily S says:

I am so in love with Etsuko Furuya’s new line. Going on the Christmas list!

Kathy says:

Love the pincushion…..have seen it on my travels around the net…adorable.

By the way…..your web site is so well done. Clean, easy to navigate and lots to see. Assume Mr. Fridge had something to do with it? Good job!

Those dot fabrics are amazing, but the gifts from Nova take the cake! Lovely!

Munaiba says:

I can’t see the top photo it seems to be missing but the rest of the goodies look wonderful. Nice to see you reading an Aussie blog :)

Nova says:

Glad you’re enjoying them Ashley ;) Happy hot chocolating!
    x

I love the embroidery on the back of the pincushion! Adorable!