thank you, thank you!

Thank you all ever so much for the wonderful comments and heartfelt congratulations! We truly appreciate it! We are thrilled, and are very much looking forward to the end of March, when we’ll get to meet this little one. You can bet there will be lots of baby sewing going on, especially once we find out if it’ll be a girl or boy!

We spent a great long weekend outside of Boston visiting with friends and enjoying fall weather and fall activities. On the way home (ok, truth be told, it was actually about an hour and a half out of the way…), I found a couple fabric shops to visit. I love visiting new shops, especially when you find great fabrics! I was especially surprised to find one lone bolt of a pink Flea Market Fancy print with a couple yards left. Always a fun find!

I’m looking forward to doing some quilting this weekend. It’s been quite a while since I’ve felt like even looking at fabric. But hopefully that’s passed now and I can get back into it! I may even have a couple quilts to show you next week.

– – –
Anyone in the Burlington, Vermont area? My favorite local sewing and knitting shop, Nido, is celebrating their one year anniversary on Friday. Stop by the shop for cupcakes and a store-wide sale! (Someone grab me a cupcake, ok?!)

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to thank you, thank you!

krissy says:

Oooh… what is that grey/white chicken fabric? Love it!

Emily S says:

I just picked up some of that grey floral print as well. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Becky says:

oh congratulations!!!

it’s thanks to your blog that I found Nido, and I am so incredibly thankful! It’s such a lovely shop, and seeing fabrics I’d only previously seen online made me feel like I was meeting royalty! It is now my favorite destination anytime I’ve got a little extra in my wallet.

Terri says:

looks like you got some great fabrics along the way! I adore that little gray rooster print! do you know who designed/printed that one? too cute! Hope you enjoy a weekend of sewing and quilting! BTW, that Nido shop looks like a fabulous place to hang out!

Mama Spark says:

Congrats! Hey what line is the red, gray and aqua with the ovals from? Love that. Nice find on the FMF pink too!

Traci says:

Holy cow–that is an awesome find!! I’ve seen that print at $45 a yard on etsy! I always look around for treasures like that but have yet to luck out!

ELizabeth says:

Congrats on the baby news! I’m actually due the first week of April with my second little munchkin. Hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months!

Kathy says:

I have a meeting nearby, I’ll just have to slip into Nido after…

Kate says:

I’m the 28th March aso can safely say you will have a lovely Aries babe on your hands ;)

xx

Kate Conklin says:

Wow! Congratulations! I missed the big announcement, but am so thrilled for you. I was actually thinking about you and babies this morning – how very weird! I’m due end of March too (which probably means bub will come the first week of April). I’m glad you’re feeling better and able to sew again :)

Heather says:

Congratulations on your big news! I’m due March 29th – so we must have close due dates. You’ll be able to find out the gender really soon :) What fabric shops did you get such good finds at? I live near Boston and would love to know. And I don’t mind driving an hour and a half either!

CitricSugar says:

Congratulations! I’m eagerly awaiting a nephew so I can only imagine how exciting this is for you!

Great fabric selections – love that top photo!

Jenn Noon says:

congrats on the baby and on the FMF fabric, I am so hoping to have that happen to me one day….the fabric find, I was already lucky enough to have two March babies!!

Beth says:

Such pretty fabrics. Good luck with your sewing adventures this weekend!
    Smiles…

Sarah M says:

I love Nido! Can I give a couple of shout outs to other favorite fabric stores? Stitch (formerly Strawberry Rhubarb) in Williston, Vermont, is under new, very enthusiastic ownership. And if you’re in Massachusetts, Franklin Mills (in Franklin, MA) is another great shop. Not trying to shill for anyone, just love the fabric, service, and passion for sewin & fabric in all three of these stores. And if you want to pick up GREAT (pre-made) baby clothes, the Zutano outlet in Montpelier is absolutely wonderful.

Caro says:

Congratulations to you! What an exciting time for you. Love your fabric.

Linda S says:

Belated congratulations on your baby news! I have a March baby too (he’s 7 now) & he’s wonderful. Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy.

Anna says:

Congratulations on your news! I am interested in you comment ‘It’s been quite a while since I’ve felt like even looking at fabric. But hopefully that’s passed now and I can get back into it! ‘ I am also expecting a baby and experienced terrible nausea whenever I looked at fabric at the beginning. Is this the same type of feeling you are talking about? I thought it was very peculiar but perhaps it is quite common?

Erin says:

Congrats on the pregnancy!
    Who makes the grey floral print? I love it…!

pat sloan says:

awwwww…. sweet baby on the way… congrats!!!!

Shasta says:

Congratulations! I am glad you are getting the energy back to quilt.

Fran says:

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian fans of Film in the Fridge.

April says:

So glad you’re feeling like looking at fabric again. I am still nauseated over it and sewing (while missing it terribly at the same time) and am due same time as you. Trying to wait patiently for this to pass…Christmas is coming and I have work to do! :)
    You picked up some great fabrics, btw.

I am so crazy ridiculously happy for you guys. Congratulations my sweet friend!! What a wonderful mama you are going to be.

Monica Lee says:

I missed the big announcement too! OMIGosh that is so exciting, very happy for you! I am enjoying your blog!