charming…

I’m quite taken with Anna Maria Horner’s new line, Innocent Crush, and despite having several projects I should be working on, I just couldn’t resist cutting into a few of the prints. I decided to try a little something with the charmed palette, which contains lots of lovely purples (which typically aren’t my thing, but which I’m loving in these fabrics!)

I have a vague idea of what I’d like to make, based on a little sketch I made many months ago. I think it was something I woke up thinking about one night, and I’ve been waiting for some non-directional prints to try it out. I’m slightly worried that it’s the kind of thing that looks better in my mind than translated into a quilt design, but we’ll see!

Either way, it’s certainly fun to play with these new fabrics!

You can find Innocent Crush at these great shops!

Fabricworm, Hawthorne Threads, and Whipstitch Fabrics.

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to charming…

Annette says:

I am so curious to see the result of your dreamy project… Love the colours. I am all for purple actually.

It’s looking good so far! Love the white between the colors!

MGM

emily says:

I’m so excited to get my hands on some of this fabric. Is it me or is this the first time AMH has printed purples? I love them! Can’t wait to see how your project progresses!

Jennwith4 says:

I’m sure is gonna look great!

Kathy says:

OMG, you CUT into it? (weeps)

I just put my order for these lovelys and cannot wait till the postman drops them at my door. I am sure that your vision will be beautiful once complete…..I will be on the edge of my seat waiting to see it all finished!

carol says:

Ashley…question…when you use white as your backing, do the colorful prints from the quilt top show through to the back? Do you have a very opaque white fabric that you like to use to keep this from happening? Thanks!

Fran says:

I am sure your quilt will be beautiful. I, too, have had a disconnect between the quilt in my mind and the finished project but half the fun is in the planning and imagining. Keep going.