ready for the weekend…

I’m hoping to have a fabric-filled weekend, how about you? Here are a few things I’m hoping to work on this weekend…

Maybe a little something out of these fun fabrics. Now that the weather’s getting cooler, I’m turning more towards these darker, jewel-toned fabrics. They feel fall/winter-ish to me.

And I definitely need to work on using up some more scraps (they’re still multiplying!). I’ve been storing some in this fabulous new enamelware casserole dish, which was sent to me by the sweetest reader (thanks so much Sheila!!)

Perhaps I’ll find some time to finally get around to quilting this little starburst quilt!

And I think I’ll be spending a little time waiting by the mailbox for my Innocent Crush fabrics!

(there’s also a lot of cleaning that really needs to be done, but that just doesn’t sound quite as fun, does it?!)

Hope you’ll have some fabric fun this weekend too!

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to ready for the weekend…

Erin says:

The enamel wear is so pretty. I love that stuff. Looks great with fabric in it!

aseemlylife says:

I love this time of year. I call it quilting season, which happens to coincide with football season for some strange reason. The promise of endless hours on Sunday afternoon, thanks to the NFL package and a DVR. Monday evening too. Oh, I love this season. Enjoy your weekend.

Zarina says:

I thought I had whole of Saturday to craft (since Sunday the little people are coming a visitng) but I remembered that I have a photography session tomorrow morning – using the Photoshop.

Ooooh, I see some Riley Blake My Mind’s Eye in that stack. LOVE it! I’m a sucker for dark grays and jewel tones. Can’t wait to see what you whip up with that stack of goodies :)

Happy Friday to you!

Great jewel tones with the gray in that stack – so pretty!

Love the color combo in that first stack!! Happy weekend :)

Terri says:

I will be waiting by my mailbox too, for that shipment of Innocent Crush! Thanks for tipping us off! I love that stack of fabrics you have set aside to work on – gorgeous rich colors, great to play with this time of year. Hope you get all your crafting accomplished this weekend!

Mary Ann says:

Oh I just the grays as a neutral these days!

Whitney says:

I really, really like the color combination you chose for a wintery quilt. May I have it when you’re done?

Meg in CT says:

Ashley, that’s a delicious stack of fabrics you have there! I’m definitely hoping to make the most of my weekend off, too. I have a few swap items to whip up, a few last blocks for my husband’s birthday quilt to finish and sash, and the first of three baby quilts to get started (3 friends all having babies this fall/winter!). Hoping for at least 1/10 of your speed and brilliance this weekend. :D

Caroline says:

Oh i’m loving that new palette, raspberry and grey – how divine!! It will look fabulous i’m sure.

Beth says:

I am totally drooling over those scrumptious fabrics! I can’t wait to see what you do with them :). Sounds like we have the same kind of weekend ahead of us…lots of sewing and ignoring the house chores (my kind of weekend!). Have a splendid afternoon!

Islay says:

Love the casserole dish! I’m just working on my last summer colours quilt (aka the sunshine quilt) and then I am totally turning to all the lovely winter colours. And, erm… I’ll probably finish a quilt in time for spring.

Kate says:

Love your fall fabrics!!! When are you coming to DC to visit me? Miss ya Ash!

Suzanne says:

It was so fun to see you and your work in Stitch Magazine.

belinda says:

Well yes….I’m lovin’ the gray. I have been collecting a few myself! And that cute little dish in your
    second photo is to die for!!!!!

Lyn H. says:

Those fabrics would make an excellent custom Film in the Fridge FQ bundle (Hello Sponsors!). Love your color choices, Ashley.

Here’s to the weekend! I like that berry and gray stack. Yum!

Sarah C. says:

Beautiful fabrics! I’m hoping to have a fabric-filled weekend, too – my in-laws have gone home, so I’m free to sew!! Yipee!!

Terra says:

Fuschia and red are my current favorite color combo. Beautiful!

Lindsay says:

Wow, i love that color combo. Do you happen to remember any of the names of fabrics in it? There are a few that really strike my fancy that I have never seen before.

Jacqueline says:

Thanks for the fabric inspiration… what are you plans with that great fabric?

Sam says:

Wow. My two least favorite colors? Red and purple. I love every other shade of every other color, but for the most part I’m really not a fan of those two. But you swayed me real quick with that top picture. Everything looks awesome with gray.

I love your stack of fabrics. Not a color combination frequently seen and it will work well for Fall/Winter without being as predictable as say oranges, browns, and yellows for Fall. And what a great enamelware piece! I love every chip and ding, and it looks all the better filled with your drool-worthy scraps :D

joan

25. Pingback: startburst quilt – the munki version | Film in the Fridge

Juice says:

Love the enamelware. And boy, a handful of scraps would be a great giveaway!

How many pieces of that pattern of enamelware do you have?
    I have one. A pitcher. I have had it about 35 years and would like it to join up with your piece. No charge. Just pay the postage. Sincerely, Linda Brannock

sheila pin says:

Hey the enamelware looks fabulous with all your scraps in it! Way better than in my basement with nothing but dust in it. cheers, sheila p

29. Pingback: FITF: a quilt in jewel tones | Film in the Fridge