it was only a matter of time…

…before this pile

was transformed into this,

which soon became this

and which will hopefully soon become a great little patchwork baby quilt.

(because babies need a little flea market fancy too, don’t you think?!)

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to it was only a matter of time…

Oh yes, everyone needs some flea market fancy! LOL

mjb says:

That will be one of the softest quilts ever.

whitney says:

Oh, loverly! Can’t beat the combination of a full fantastic line.

Michele says:

I didn’t think you were “allowed” to cut that stuff up! ;) I’m sure glad you did though. Gorgeous quilt.

Terri says:

Wow, that must have been tough to cut into that fabric stack! This fabulous patchwork quilt makes me wish even more that I had purchased some of those fabrics. It’s going to be such a fab quilt!

Madeleine says:

Wow! One lucky baby! :)

Kar says:

That turned out great! The colors are perfect all together.

Raven says:

Ashley – I’ve been staring at my/your echino quilt and I just can’t figure out how you are so good at lining up your corners? They are perfect! Do you have a trick?
    I am so in love with this FMF quilt!!!

Sarah says:

Are you expecting a little one? A lot of baby stuff going on around here : )

Such a cute quilt. I’m still on the search for the most-elusive grey seeds…

Fran says:

Ashley, How much time do you devote to sewing and playing with fabric each day? Do you work full time as well? You are a very productive person.

Carolyn says:

A baby’s wardrobe would definitely not be complete without a beautiful quilt to lay on! Great work, the colors are fantastic.

THAT is what lovely is! Very, very nice! The owner of that quilt will be one lucky baby!! :-)

~MC

Another great use of color and pattern! I love that a quilter doesn’t necessarily need a new pattern with each new quilt, just an array of fabric :)

Munaiba says:

Cute! How will you quilt this one?

I definatly think babies need a little flea market fancy….had i been sewing when this line was released, Izzy’s whole crib set would have been made with it!! Now she will just have to settle for my hex quilt in her hope chest. Maybe one day her baby will get to sleep on some flea market fancy!!

Sarah says:

Beautiful! Every baby needs a lovely quilt. I tagged you due to your quilting awesomeness!!!

Annette says:

Wonderful. Loving it. How do you choose colours? Or do you just buy ready packs of fat quarters or what? I am new to this art and it is almost like I am afraid of choosing fabrics. So many…. Like a Chinese menu. I want a little bit of everything and the result becomes a disaster… Upset stomach. That is what happens when you have to much of the good stuff. Thanks for sharing anyway. I really enjoy your blog.

jennifer white says:

Beautiful!

WOW. Evey baby needs this kind of flea market fancy!

Margaret says:

Beautiful! Makes me wish I started quilting when that fabric was still available!

Mary Margaret says:

Such a fun, happy quilt! Makes me want a baby…to hold for a little while! ;)

Theresa says:

Is there something else you’d like to tell us?

Denise in PA says:

Ahhhh, Flea Market Fancy – I pine for more of that line o:)

randi says:

love it! those colors are just too perfect!

Kathy says:

I have a ton of squares all cut from leftover fabric. I’m going to sew them all together for a couple of Linus Quilt.

Shannon says:

The simple squares show of the fabric perfectly!
    I can’t bring myself to cut in to the little bit of FMF that I have!

Kyle Davis says:

This is so lovely. Just my style, and I greatly admire your work. Just so happens I am looking for the exact pink and brown polka dot fabric you used for your quilt for something I’m working on. From the Flea Market Fancy collection. Divine.

37. Pingback: a flea market fancy quilt for some lucky baby | Film in the Fridge