a little destash

I’ve spent this week doing some organizing and cleaning (and almost no sewing…).We’re finally getting some new carpet in a room that’s needed it for far too long. It happens to be our den, which is also where I do all my sewing. It probably would have made sense to change out the carpet before dragging in a bunch of large, heavy furniture (and pounds and pounds of fabric!), but alas, we weren’t that smart. So in preparation for having to move everything back out of that room, I’ve been sorting and organizing and trying to get it all as neat as possible.

All this organizing has led to a pile of fabrics that I think I’m ready to part with. I’ll be listing it all as time permits throughout the rest of the week. So if you’re looking to add to your stash, take a look at the shop to see if there’s anything you’d like!

Update: Thanks to everyone who has purchased fabric! I’ll be listing a few additional pieces today and then all packages will be mailed out tomorrow morning.

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to a little destash

Lianne says:

Dont tempt me! Ive just been sorting out my studio and have chucked out so much stuff that i’d been clinging on to.

Its good for the soul to have a clean out every now and then though.

Jamie says:

Ooooh, the Neptune honey bun! Watching for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle says:

It’s like a garage sale, only better! I’ve got some stuff added to my cart already!

What’s the yellow near the top on the left? I’ve never seen it and I love it.

Danielle says:

desperately waiting on Neptune….

Your blog has been pushing (or rather, nudging) me in the learning how to quilt direction. It is very inspiring, Ashley. Now that you are reorganizing your studio I am hoping you show all the different ways you store your fabric stash. The large pieces I can figure out. It is the smaller ones that I am having trouble with – how do you store them so that you know what you have at a glance? Do you separate according to value? Size? Color? Pattern? I a bit miffed by it all. I did see a couple of posts back that you had some wire baskets to keep all the little pieces somewhat sorted- are you going to stick with that in your newly reorganized space? I’ll be watching. Carolina

Sue says:

:( boo hoo, no international postage!

Beth says:

I stumbled across your blog in my manic websearches to find out how to quilt, now that I have decided to do so (and learn how to use a sewing machine, but that’s hardly the point), and I think you’re great- so cheery and your tutorials are targeted perfectly for my handi-craftable mind. I have a newbie question for you- do you pre-wash your fabrics? I see that there’s quite the debate about this in the quilting community- I get the reasons to do the prewash: shrinkage, bleeding, etc… but what about the downside of prewashing: fraying, more ironing, and isn’t it easier to sew with a nice, sorta stiff fabric? Thoughts? Help a girl out, please and thank you!

Sarah says:

something about piles of fabric just really do it for me! :)