birthday pillows

If you’ve been reading for a while, you might remember that my sister, Whitney, has a huge love for Anna Maria Horner, especially her Good Folks line. For Christmas I made her a quilt out of all the prints, and based on her reaction, I think she loved it. So it was only natural that when her birthday came around we’d go for a little something else Anna Maria…

amh-pillows

coordinating quilted pillows!

My mom came over for a little ‘craft day’ — she’s certainly not new to sewing, but hasn’t done any quilting, though you wouldn’t know it from her pillow! And even though she claims the quilting was giving her an ulcer, hopefully she’ll come over again for another craft day.

Mom picked a patchwork square design, which I always love, and I went with stripes — a mini version of the picnic stripes quilt, which is Whitney’s 2nd (3rd?) favorite quilt…

pillows

And most importantly, Whit seemed to love them too!

patchwork-pillow

In this photo, I think she was either talking directly to the new pillow, saying “oh Anna Maria!”, or she was trying to figure out if mom had actually made the pillow herself, or if she had just talked me into making it for her.

Anyway, hope you love them Whit!

Happy, happy birthday!

whit-and-pillows

This entry was posted in Household Goods and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to birthday pillows

whitney says:

Of course I love them! Thank you so very much. You can never go wrong giving me anything with a little Anna.

That’s a nice photo of you and ma. Wish I had been there to enjoy craft day with you!

Raven says:

So cute!!! What a great gift! And such a great looking family :)

Beth Lehman says:

Love these pillows!!! Anna’s fabrics look so great together – I spy a little grey for the back – which I love. How did you do the edge? Like the binding for a quilt? Sewn by hand on the back after maching stitching to the front?

MandMStudio says:

So lovely:) I need to get my pillows done.

The pillows are great! Happy birthday to your sister.

Paige says:

What’s not to love? Those are great!

Tif says:

Such a great present! What a lucky sister :)

Amanda W says:

Happy Birthday to your sister! Those pillows are beautiful and your mom did a fantastic job!

Rachel says:

What a great pic of you and your mom!

Elizabeth says:

Beautiful! Great summery colors too. I need to make some new pillows now!

sara korinek says:

you and your mom are beautiful! love the pillows too, of course!

Those are some great pillows and I love the picture of you and your Mom….too sweet! She looks like she most definatly loves her birthday gift, all snuggled up with her new pillows!!

April says:

How sweet! You’re a great sis! And the pillows look lovely.

Munaiba says:

These pillows are lovely. The patchwork squares one is my favourite.

Terri says:

How fun to work on a project like this WITH your mom, and FOR your sister! My mom taught me how to sew clothes when I was just a young, impatient girl, so I miss those days. Happy to see how much your sister loved her new pillows. She has great taste in fabrics, which are my favs too.

Stephanie H says:

Just beautiful! I love those pillows! You and your mom did a great job!!

What a great present. I love all of these colorful fabrics mixed together

Marjorie says:

Awwww, what a great moment! I got all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you for sharing! Love the pillows too! :)

Eva says:

Those are gorgeous. Your sister is very lucky and they will look great with her quilt!