twin baby goldfish quilts

If I have one favorite go to fabric for baby quilts, this is it! I’m so in love with these Heather Ross goldfish!

twin-baby-goldfish4

These two little quilts were made and gifted last weekend to summer friends who are having twin boys in a couple months. I had such a great time pairing these cute little goldfish with some other fun fabrics.

twin-baby-goldfish2

I love the goldfish print in a strip quilt, since I think it’s fun to see a whole row of goldfish. In the past I’ve made similar strip quilts, using turquoises and oranges, or blues and browns… and this time I added in one of my favorite neutral solids, Kona Stone, as well as a bunch of orange, blue and brown prints and solids.

twin-goldfish-backs

Both are quilted with simple straight lines, sewn 1/4″ away from each seam, and then bound with those cute stripey bindings!

twin-goldfish-bindings

I hope they will be well loved!

___

For those who might ask — the Heather Ross goldfish fabric is now out of print, but if you’re looking for something similar, you might look for the Heather Ross Munki Munki version of goldfish in bags. You can buy some over here from Kerri!

This entry was posted in 2010 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Strip Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to twin baby goldfish quilts

Faith says:

Love love love! Those are some lucky twins!

Beautiful – I’m sure they will love them :)

Erica says:

They truly are lucky twins! The Heather Ross goldfish fabric is unbelieveably hard to find. I was able to get my hands on a yard of it and now I’m too afraid to use it since I may never have it again. haha

kerri says:

A D O R A B L E!! the goldfish is one of my favorites!! love how you made it into a simple but cute strip quilt!!

rene says:

Those goldfish are great! Love the quilts, suck lovely gifts :)

rene says:

That was suppose to be such lovely gifts…sorry :(

amy says:

Those are great, I love the goldfish!

Crystal says:

I love, love, love these!!!! I really, really, really want some of those fish! They are my favorite!

So that’s what the two stripe bindings were for! I was totally gaga for the bindings by themselves so you can imagine how giddy I am seeing these quilts completed. They are absolutely fantastic! Very nice job and I am sure those quilts are going to be loved for years to come. You have one very lucky friend! :-)

~ MC

I wish I could find that orange and white stripe fabric. Looked for it. Couldn’t find it. :(

D Spack says:

Darling Darling quilts! Good work there, so creative you are!

Amber H says:

So that’s what they were for.. well you did a super awesome job! I LOVE it!

Millie says:

Lucky twins getting one of your quilts each…and, lucky couple having twins…I have twin girls. They’re fun!

Eva Esteve says:

Those are so beautiful, I love them, the twins are very lucky!

Tonya says:

These are awesome! I was just about to start a blue and brown strip quilt inspired by your blue and brown one. This is such perfect timing, because I was thinking about how I wanted to quilt them and I want to do it like you did these. I wasn’t sure how the random lines would look on the back, but they look fantastic! Do you mind telling me what size you made them? That is the last decision I have to make, and then I am going to start cutting. Thank you for all the inspiration you provide!

Terri says:

Love them! They seem perfect for twin boys. I bet these quilts will be cherished their whole lives. I love how you make these munki munki prints work in your projects, so I have started to collect a few pieces from Kerri’s shop.

Paige says:

So very cute! I’m sure they will be well-loved!

Kim says:

Soooo cute! I am sure they loved them. Your gift must have been the BEST one.

They are beautiful! My sister had twin boys in Dec and my quilts aren’t nearly as cute (or finished.)

Why must all the best fabrics be discontinued? Just found out today that Anna Maria Good Folks is also discontinued. Sigh…

22. Pingback: goldfish

Sarah C. says:

Great quilts! I’ve got to make some baby quilts and I think I will try a strip quilt this time – These are so fresh and new!

they are too cute! ummmm….but what happened to those adorable squares? I’m sure the mom of those twins will love those quilts just as much as the w
    twins will!

Colette says:

I am always inspired by each and every one of your AMAZING quilts!

Kristie says:

Ashley, you are killing me with these goldfish quilts- these are my favorites of all the ones you have made so far! So much so that I broke down and bid a rediculous amount of money for a half yard of the goldfish fabric on ebay….we’ll see if anyone crazier outbids me! I especially love the backs- what is the Kona blue you have here paired with the stone? It looks fantastic.

I LOVE these quilts they are so adorable. I really like the brown, blue, orange combo it looks really modern. I am disappointed tho seeing those bindings looking so good because I cant find that zig zag fabric anywhere :(

I love the goldfish in a row, too! And the singleton fish on the back! So cute!

Melissa H says:

Wow, totally gorgeous!

31. Pingback: goldfish squared baby quilts – Film in the Fridge

Jessica says:

I know this is years later but I am in love with these quilts. Any possible way you have it anymore to purchase?