a slow week…

…sewing-wise, anyway.

I have absolutely nothing to show you.  Except maybe what I’ve been doing instead of sewing —

Admiring the flowering trees –

flowers2

flowers

sitting by the lake –

atthelake

lake

and watching new leaves emerge –

new-leaves

There’s been a tiny bit of sewing – a little hexagon potholder for my sister –

hexie-potholder

and a new market bag for us –

(fabric is by Mod Green Pod. I bought it at a local shop, but it can also be found online here)

market-bag

Up next… perhaps a little something Poppyish…

poppy

I’m loving this fabric! (Poppy, by Laura Gunn).

I also have plans to quilt two string quilts, so hopefully there will be quilty stuff to show here soon!

Hope you’re out enjoying the weather where you are!

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to a slow week…

Ruth says:

I’m working on a quilt with Poppy and loving it! Have fun!

Terri says:

Love those blooming trees! Ours have started to bloom yet, but soon. One of my favorite things to do is watch everything come back to life in spring. I love your hexagon potholder! Very sweet. I just finished making a patchwork project with the artsy Poppy fabrics – love them so much I might have to buy more. Enjoy your spring week!

Amber Lee says:

I love these photos! I’m due out to visit my best friend, who is in your area, in a month and these photos just make me more excited! Also I love that pot holder. Our quilt guild is having a swap and I might have to do this style. Thanks for the inspiration, as always!

Brenda says:

I absolutely LOVE that fabric. I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Stacey says:

Oh, I so love Cherry blossom time. It’s been years since I’ve lived anywhere that I could enjoy them. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I can’t wait to see what you’re going to do with the Poppies. Love that fabric!

Laura says:

Could you please share who makes the owl print in your cute little potholder? I’m on the lookout for owl fabric for a quilt for my husband!

Amy says:

Beautiful trees! Our are coming into bloom, as well. Love this time of year.

Suzanne says:

I keep seeing these beautiful blossom pictures all over blog land…sigh… I’m seeing some tulips and daffodils sprouting in the garden but no colour yet – I can’t wait!

I was just scrolling down, enjoying the beautiful pictures — which gave me a very peaceful feeling — then I hit that potholder and got all jazzed up again! I’ve got hexies on the brain and just have to try them soon! Really cute potholder!

amanda says:

Beautiful blossoms, beautiful lake! What’s the fabric you’ve made your market bag out of? I just love it.

whitney says:

oh, what a relief! i was beginning to think that i would have to go a whole week without you! (but dare i ask why you were up so early doing this?)

those are some nice photos (especially the two where i appear). i love my new potholder, though i haven’t had the opportunity to use it yet. and i’m also in the market for a new market bag. shoulda gone to nido last night…or maybe on this rainy weekend?

nice poppy fabric, too! i particularly like that top one, but i think they’ll be great all mis-matchy complimentary like stacked atop one another.

Mary says:

I love that potholder! So cute, and the quilting is awesome. The market bag is great too – love that fabric!

BirthdayGinny says:

Our Virginia spring has been wild with 90s and 50s, wind and rain. The dogwood blossoms are now giving way to spring green leaves. It’s a bonus to see it all happening again in New England photos.

When my son expressed a desire for a quilt with a Penrose tiling design, I showed him your hexagon pillows to give him the idea that something smaller would be as satisfying. The hexagon potholder would be very cool, too…

Amy K-P says:

LOVE that potholder!

Rachel says:

That’s a great potholder. I’d like to make one of those. Weather and nature has been lovely here too. I think I may actually learn to like gardening… at least in the spring.

wendy says:

I love those Jay tomatoes! They make the whole potholder. And I love the huge poppy print from Laura’s new line, I just can’t decide what to make with it. Maybe a dress for Gigi.

kerri says:

such beautiful pictures!! though, you have been sewing, my dear!! :) hexies, and a market bag!! definitely something to show!!

it is great weather today here on the west coast. a beach trip sounds sooo nice!!

sarah says:

wow, can i come live with you? beautiful lake!

Kathy says:

As much as u said u didn’t like sewing the hexagons together u made such a cute potholder. p.s. doing the same thing with all the blooming trees.

Leanne says:

I have a whole set of Mod Green Pod charm squares that I got as samples for our home reno. They are screaming to be made into pillows – it really is wonderful fabric (and great patterns too).

carol says:

Cannot wait to see what you do with the Poppy fabric – I LOVE it! BTW…just got my string quilt back from the longarm quilter – I did a black and white string quilt with the apple green binding. It is stunning! Thanks for the inspiration…hopefully you believe that the greatest form of flattery is for someone to “copy” you!! :)

Anne says:

Are those dogwood trees? I have just seen the same starting to bloom in London (saw the wonderful V&A Museum and the Quilts 1700-2010 exhibition during the visit) and it’s not a tree I know here in Australia. Loved the potholder and bag as well as the blooms.

Debbie says:

Your photos are amazing! I love the first one – that tree is stunning!

I feel totally inadequate. A week without sewing for you means cranking out an adorable potholder AND a new market bag? :) That little potholder is soooo cute. I’m sure your sis will love it. Enjoy the first blushes of spring!!

25. Pingback: morgan’s manly market bag – Film in the Fridge

Jessica says:

What a coincidence! My father and I are having a friendly disagreement about that very tree you picture. Do you know what kind it is?