moonlight in the trees quilt

moonlight3

Now, before you start feeling bad for us thinking that Spring is never coming to Vermont, let me reassure you that it is. Not as fast as it’s coming for those of you in other parts, but we have had a few spring-like days recently. These photos were taken about a month ago during (hopefully!) the last snowstorm of the winter. (watch, now that I said that…)

moonlight

Anyway, the quilt! I posted photos of the top of it here. It’s made of the beautiful voile fabrics from Anna Maria Horner’s Little Folks, in the moonlight palette. I think this color palette is just gorgeous! And you already know how much joy I get from simple patchwork squares. I really never tire of them.

moonlight4

For the backing, I decided to add a little extra purple, so I went with two plum-colored solids and a strip of the voile.

moonlightback

I quilted it with a grid pattern on the diagonal using a light gray thread and I went with a darker purple for the binding. It measures approximately 48″ x 56″ and it’s for sale in the shop.

moonlightback2

___

A good selection of the voile fabrics can still be found at Hawthorne Threads and at Fabricworm.

Kona solids used: Plum & Woodrose for the backing, Garnet for the binding.

___

This entry was posted in 2010 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to moonlight in the trees quilt

Ruth says:

wow! purple is one of my favorites and i’ve been drooling over AMH’s Little Folks line for a while. definitely saving my pennies to get a whole bunch. great job on another beautiful quilt! :)

Linda says:

Lovely! Simple is never out of style. Poor frozen Morgan! Well, he must have thawed out here in our balmy weather. 8-) Would love to hear how your trip out this way turned out. Did you get to Rosie’s quilt shop?

xo Linda

Whitney says:

I’m so pleased it no longer looks like that outside (though NOAA isn’t predicting much better for this first week of spring). Lovely quilt – and SO soft!

whatupduck says:

Again, beautiful quilt! And never say LAST snow. See my post today. We got almost a foot on the first day of spring and I’m sure it’s headed east!!

Julie says:

so beautiful! i love the colors and the playfulness of the backing :)

Holly Days says:

I love the quilt the colors are so beautiful. I really really like it.
    Holly

Audrie says:

I love those colours together! Very very pretty!

another beautiful quilt!! I can’t wait to cut into mine!! I do have to tell you though…it does look really cold in the pictures. I would have had to rap that beautiful quilt around me to even step outside!!

Really beautiful color palette. I just received my voiles in the mail the other day. Excited to work with them!

Amber Hansen says:

I absolutely love it!! Thank you so much for the inspiration…I’m ready to go home and make one of my own to cuddle up with!

LizzyM says:

Oh, I really love the colors you used! I’m not normally a purple type of person, but I really never thought to use it with blues and browns. Very pretty!

For some reason I haven’t been able to get warm all day today, and I could hardly stand to look at your snowy pictures. They made me shiver, but the quilty eye candy kept me looking. I’ve got to get my hands of some of that voile one of these days!

Emily says:

I’m sorry, but the legs sticking out from under the quilt are rrrrrreally cracking me up! [‘course I love the quilt!]

Marta says:

A very beautiful quilt! I love those colours!

Kate says:

The quilt is great. The first photograph rocks, the composition is just brilliant. I would have that image as a piece of art in itself. Keep up the good work for us to enjoy.

There is just something about simple squares! Beautiful

Jeannette says:

I love the top photo! The quilt is really pretty!

saripu says:

wonderful!! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Tanya says:

Just Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing…

Laurie Hausler says:

Always be cautious in Vermont when you think the snow has stopped! Hubby put the snowblower away already and I’m pretty sure that has jinxed us. I’m enjoying your blog and the quilts you make – very inspiring.