the weekend in photos

A few additional string blocks for my new Anna Maria Horner voile string quilt

pulling out fabrics and dreaming of spring

sewing with some fun new fabrics

topped off with some cookie eating…

Not pictured: the cleaning, organizing, furniture rearranging, and grocery shopping. Cause really, who wants to see that?!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to the weekend in photos

Whitney says:

Mmm…spring. Too bad it’s months (or according to Horsefords, 11 weeks) away. At least you’re capturing it well indoors…
    Those cookies are so fun! And since when are you doing a string quilt with Anna’s voile fabrics? That’s going to be awesome!

I’m totally obsessed with the string quilts. Now I want to turn practically my entire stash into a string quilt.

whatupduck says:

I, too, am so addicted to the string quilts! See my website on post titled “My Addiction”. I now have about 5 different string quilts in the making and flip hour to hour to each one. I am going to take a break from them today and make your pillowcases. Bought some great Amy Butler fabric yesterday so it’s calling me now. Have a great day of sewing!

Mary says:

I am sure these photos are much more appealing to all of us.

I sewed a bunch of string quilt squares this weekend too! Mine is all pinks and golds. It looks lovely in that fabric.

Annalia says:

I heart the bunny and deer?cow? fabrics. …looks like more than a few new blocks – can’t wait to see them laid out. Even your cookies are spring-colored! My bulbs think it’s spring already (and temperatures here agree.)

erin says:

Such a colorful post. And I love pictures of organizing… who doesn’t? The messy before, the organized nice&neat after, don’t underestimate the power of a good organizing photo shoot :)

melanie says:

Do those happen to be the macarons that Bakerella posted last week? I don’t have a food scale….do you really need one for this recipe?? I LOVE that baby lamb fabric… incredible:) I think you posted the designer a few posts ago with some more of her fab fabric!!

Andi says:

Those spring fabrics are making me smile!!

Audrie says:

There’s a string quilt in my future… I just need to find the time! Macarons are so pretty!

marty says:

The fabrics are lovely, the cookies look yummy

Terri says:

I adore string-pieced quilts, so I love seeing these new fabrics in that pattern. Those cookies look so tasty, especially in the different colors. Sounds like you had a wonderfully productive weekend!

KatieC says:

Sounds like a dreamy weekend to me!

I’m curious who makes the lamb and bunny fabric…it’s adorable!

Donna says:

If it involves quilts and cookies, count me in!

Kyla says:

Those cookies look delicious!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Well minus the unpictured things. The new fabrics look sooo cute and im sure the quilt will be very cute.

Jennifer says:

Ok I have to say I am obsessed with this blog now. Just about everything I’ve been working on lately has been inspired by something I’ve seen here. One of which is a string quilt with Anna Maria Voile solids and Heather Ross’ Far Far Away. Thank you for sharing!

Donna Raagas says:

I’m with Kyla–the creative part of your weekend sounds heavenly.
    I’m impressed that you did any “chores”. They sometimes get neglected around my house!

Donna Raagas says:

Oh–and I forgot to mention–your spring fabrics are cheery! It’s rainy and gloomy here, and your bright pictures gave me a lift!