the weekend in photos

AMH-strings

A few additional string blocks for my new Anna Maria Horner voile string quilt

spring-flowers

pulling out fabrics and dreaming of spring

weekend-sewing

sewing with some fun new fabrics

macaroons

topped off with some cookie eating…

Not pictured: the cleaning, organizing, furniture rearranging, and grocery shopping. Cause really, who wants to see that?!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to the weekend in photos

Whitney says:

Mmm…spring. Too bad it’s months (or according to Horsefords, 11 weeks) away. At least you’re capturing it well indoors…
    Those cookies are so fun! And since when are you doing a string quilt with Anna’s voile fabrics? That’s going to be awesome!

I’m totally obsessed with the string quilts. Now I want to turn practically my entire stash into a string quilt.

whatupduck says:

I, too, am so addicted to the string quilts! See my website on post titled “My Addiction”. I now have about 5 different string quilts in the making and flip hour to hour to each one. I am going to take a break from them today and make your pillowcases. Bought some great Amy Butler fabric yesterday so it’s calling me now. Have a great day of sewing!

Mary says:

I am sure these photos are much more appealing to all of us.

I sewed a bunch of string quilt squares this weekend too! Mine is all pinks and golds. It looks lovely in that fabric.

Annalia says:

I heart the bunny and deer?cow? fabrics. …looks like more than a few new blocks – can’t wait to see them laid out. Even your cookies are spring-colored! My bulbs think it’s spring already (and temperatures here agree.)

erin says:

Such a colorful post. And I love pictures of organizing… who doesn’t? The messy before, the organized nice&neat after, don’t underestimate the power of a good organizing photo shoot :)

melanie says:

Do those happen to be the macarons that Bakerella posted last week? I don’t have a food scale….do you really need one for this recipe?? I LOVE that baby lamb fabric… incredible:) I think you posted the designer a few posts ago with some more of her fab fabric!!

Andi says:

Those spring fabrics are making me smile!!

Audrie says:

There’s a string quilt in my future… I just need to find the time! Macarons are so pretty!

marty says:

The fabrics are lovely, the cookies look yummy

Terri says:

I adore string-pieced quilts, so I love seeing these new fabrics in that pattern. Those cookies look so tasty, especially in the different colors. Sounds like you had a wonderfully productive weekend!

KatieC says:

Sounds like a dreamy weekend to me!

I’m curious who makes the lamb and bunny fabric…it’s adorable!

Donna says:

If it involves quilts and cookies, count me in!

Kyla says:

Those cookies look delicious!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Well minus the unpictured things. The new fabrics look sooo cute and im sure the quilt will be very cute.

Jennifer says:

Ok I have to say I am obsessed with this blog now. Just about everything I’ve been working on lately has been inspired by something I’ve seen here. One of which is a string quilt with Anna Maria Voile solids and Heather Ross’ Far Far Away. Thank you for sharing!

Donna Raagas says:

I’m with Kyla–the creative part of your weekend sounds heavenly.
    I’m impressed that you did any “chores”. They sometimes get neglected around my house!

Donna Raagas says:

Oh–and I forgot to mention–your spring fabrics are cheery! It’s rainy and gloomy here, and your bright pictures gave me a lift!