homes for gnomes and faqs

First up, blocks for a new quilting bee, Bee Imaginative. Kerri’s month is January, and she requested little houses. She sent along a wonderful array of red and aqua fabrics, along with some cute little gnomes.

tiny-housetiny-house3

I’ve seen so many of these cute little houses – originally here, by Ingrid Press, and then also here, here and here (to name just a few!), so I was excited to try them out myself… and they were really fun!

I started out with this one – just a cute little house with a crooked roof –

tiny-house2

and then had enough extra fabrics to make this tall patchwork one –

tiny-house4

Hope you like them Kerri!

As an aside, I’ve started a FAQ discussion in my Flickr group. I tried to think of those questions I’m asked all the time, but I’m sure I forgot a bunch. It’s a start though, so if you’re interested, head on over to check it out. And of course, please feel free to add any other questions you might have!

This entry was posted in Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to homes for gnomes and faqs

Terri says:

Cute house blocks! I love the wonky one with the little mushrooms growing on the side, and that patchwork house is adorable too! I have always wanted to try making one of these house blocks, but haven’t made the time. These are quite inspiring.

Danielle says:

I love the little houses! Why haven’t I made any? Thanks for the inspiration.

Ingrid says:

I love your houses -it is too funny that I have just posted today about starting a small house quilt too based on Ingrid press’s inspiring photos – http://rufusandco.blogspot.com/2010/01/houses-on-every-quilt.html
    My block are simpler and in grey but i think I need to get wonky as I love yours.
    Your blog is one of my faves.

Leigh says:

so cute! I love them both!

kerri says:

these are sooo cute ashley!!! i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!! THANKS so much!! :)

Lise says:

Red and aqua is one of my favorite color combinations (and the inspiration for my baby’s room). I LOVE your tall house with the gnome peeking out of the upstairs window!

marty says:

very cute. I like these. You should post a little tutorial on how to make these little houses so I won’t have to think when I do one.

Debra says:

I looked at this post in my google reader and was so confused since I thought it was a post from Keri! It looks just like something she would do, I’m sure she’ll love them, they are adorable!!

Renay says:

Ooooooh-la-la! Love! You really need to make many many many of them and do a whole quilt with the different squares! I would totally buy a quilt like that from you!

Audrie says:

Little houses are so very cute… I definitely need to make these blocks! The little toadstools are the perfect touch!

Kyla says:

THERE SOOO CUTE!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! That is such a cute idea!

atia says:

that little gnome is adorable!

CitricSugar says:

Love love love these… What is that gnomey fabric called??