anna maria horner’s playground

Remember this stack?

little-folks

They’re prints from Anna Maria Horner’s latest line, Little Folks. It’s printed on beautiful cotton voile, which is just gorgeous! So soft… and so nice to work with. (You can read more about it and see all the prints here.)

After spending quite a bit of time just admiring them (and running a hand across them every time I walked by, and sometimes rubbing my face against them oh wait… that wasn’t me, that was Morgan!) I decided to cut into them…

little-folks-stack

Of course I knew I wanted to use them in a quilt, but I had trouble coming up with a design worthy of the fabrics. In the end, I went with a simple old favorite – patchwork squares. I opted for fabrics from the Playground palette – I just love those yellows, greens and that wonderful pinky/red! And I added in a few additional blue prints for extra variety.

little-folks-patchwork

And I think it’s gorgeous! Did I mention how it feels? (yeah, yeah, we heard… it’s soft!)

Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing how it is after quilting and washing…

If you want to pick some up for yourself, I bought most of the printed voiles from Hawthorne Threads, and the solid voiles and Pastry Line Dobby Dots from Fabricworm.

little-folks-patchwork2

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to anna maria horner’s playground

marty says:

These are lovely. I came across these fabrics the other day. I wasn’t sure how durable they would be in a quilt. They seem so thin for this use. However, I can imagine the quilt will be so soft and wonderful. Do you think you will have to give it special care because of the delicateness of the fabric?

I will have to buy more of something: I have the flannels in some prints, cottons in other prints, and all of the pastry line. Obviously they can’t all live together. So obviously I’m off to buy more fabric.

Melanie says:

STUNNING!!! I’m going to run out of words to describe how beautiful your quilts are Ashley!! I guess I need to pick up some of this too!

Faith says:

Very pretty! I’m thinking of using some for a dress for my daughter. I hear they drape nicely. My local quilt shop is supposedly getting some in, so I’m going to check them out in person first!

Katy says:

Love, love the colors! And they look so soft in the pictures!! I may just have to venture out and pick me up some of those! Lovely!

Always,
    Katy

Mary says:

It is just gorgeous. I love the fabrics.

stephanie says:

Oooh, it’s lovely! I have the very same (almost) stack of fabrics waiting to be made into new bedding for my girl. It’s so buttery soft and wonderful! I plan on making a large patchwork quilt similar to the one she displayed at market – thank you for sharing your version! :)

isa says:

I just got some today, and it really is soft :-)

Jessica says:

pretty!~ i do like the simple squares, too. it shows off the fabrics perfectly!

Cara says:

I was contemplating this line for a quilt for my third daughter. I’ve been leaning toward a simple patchwork pattern as well so it’s nice to see it in execution. Looks great. I am worried that the thinner fabric will not make for a long quilt life… Still deciding what to do.

Janice says:

I so know what you mean! When you find that fabric and have to tell everyone “No really, FEEL it!” I love that.

Debbie says:

I made a scarf out of this for Christmas gifts. I was wondering how it would look after it is quilted. Let us know.

Joanna says:

I just bought some in Sugar Cookie! After all your raving about them, I can’t wait to snuggle up!

YUM! simple squares are the best way to “patch” pretty fabrics!

Metanoia says:

Isn’t voile lightweight and semi-transparent? How did it go as a quilt fabric? I’ve used it before to make ruffles for a can can skirt and would never have thought to use it for quilts because of how light weight it is.

Terri says:

I am definitely intrigued with your patchwork project! I ordered a few pieces from this collection, but I haven’t decided yet what to make, other than a scarf. Love the preview pictures.

Kyla says:

Of corse a beautiful beginning and apparently soft. I love the colors together and the fabric is great, the pattern is sooo cute. It’s nice to see that you have decided to cut down on the amount of fabric you have and stretch your limits using fabric you really treasure. Very beneficial (leading to some beautiful quilts)

Amy says:

Simple patchwork is still my favorite. I can’t resist.

Munaiba says:

Gosh those Pastry Line Dobby Dots fabrics are so glossy they look almost like silk. Beautiful.

Kathleen says:

I almost purchased some of this fabric but like others I hesitated because I thought it would be too thin for quilts. What is your take on that? I just love love love the simple patchwork, what size blocks did you make? I also spray baste and it is good to note that the spray baste does not stick well to this kind of fabric. Were you using 505?

22. Pingback: FITF: my new favorite fabric…little folks voile! | Film in the Fridge