a tiny quilt in folksy flannel

I don’t use a lot of flannel, but I just couldn’t resist the super soft Anna Maria Horner Folksy Flannels. So, so soft, and with such cute prints!

I only had a small amount of a couple of the prints, so I decided to make a really simple tiny little quilt (what else would I make, really?!) I haven’t ever quilted with flannel, so it was more of an experiment than anything else…

On the front I used this adorable print with the little houses, along with a strip of the yellow print which is also used on the backing.

It’s quilted simply, with little loops. It’s really not very visible, but cute, if you look close. The binding is a berry colored solid.

It measures about 22″ x 24″… tiny, but would probably make a great soft security blanket for a little one, or maybe a nice doll quilt, or perhaps even a little changing mat (it’s soft and cushy, and washable!). For sale here. (and since it was made as a test, it’s priced accordingly!) Sold, thanks Darcy!

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to a tiny quilt in folksy flannel

Janice says:

This is a great size for a baby in a car seat. it’s always nice to have a small quilt that you can tuck arround them.

Tracey J says:

so cute! I haven’t done much quilting yet, and I plan to make little bitty quilts myself to test things out. After Christmas! :)

Jackie says:

Flannel is just terrific for a baby! Great size too! Love the fabric.

Whitney says:

If only I were a very small child…

wendy says:

I love it! I just got some of the flannel in the first photo you show and I am in love with it. I also got some Amy Butler Love Dots flannel but it’s nowhere near as soft or nice. I definitely need more Little Folks!

Julie says:

I’ll bet that little blanket is super soft and cuddly and it’s cute.

Kelly says:

Very nice! I like the stripe that runs through it to match the other side!

Suzanne says:

What a sweet venture into the world of flannel. Merry Christmas!

Zarina says:

I can actually feel the softness from all the way here (Malaysia). The fabric looks great.

I’ve had my eye on that flannel for a bit. Some lounge pants are in my future.

Kyla says:

It’s sooooo cute!!! And im sure very warm. It turned out really nice and i have to agree with whitney….i wish i was a small child.

Pam says:

Old post — but I have a stack of these flannels and am wanting to make a warm & cozy lap quilt for the couch. Do you think a full size lap quilt with a flannel pieced front and full flannel back would be too *flannelly*?

LottieSue says:

I’m just learning about flannel. Friends have given me some flannel and I’ve purchased a yard or two at Joanne’s. The Cuddle Fleece they carry pilled like crazy. Recently, I ordered some Quilters Flannel which is lovely but only comes in 43″ or something like that. There’s a whole world of second rate flannel out there especially in the very tempting prints can you give advise or brand names of good quality flannel? Thanks