a tiny quilt in folksy flannel

I don’t use a lot of flannel, but I just couldn’t resist the super soft Anna Maria Horner Folksy Flannels. So, so soft, and with such cute prints!

good-folks-flannel

I only had a small amount of a couple of the prints, so I decided to make a really simple tiny little quilt (what else would I make, really?!) I haven’t ever quilted with flannel, so it was more of an experiment than anything else…

good-folks-flannel3

On the front I used this adorable print with the little houses, along with a strip of the yellow print which is also used on the backing.

good-folks-flannel-back

It’s quilted simply, with little loops. It’s really not very visible, but cute, if you look close. The binding is a berry colored solid.

good-folks-flannel2

It measures about 22″ x 24″… tiny, but would probably make a great soft security blanket for a little one, or maybe a nice doll quilt, or perhaps even a little changing mat (it’s soft and cushy, and washable!). For sale here. (and since it was made as a test, it’s priced accordingly!) Sold, thanks Darcy!

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to a tiny quilt in folksy flannel

Janice says:

This is a great size for a baby in a car seat. it’s always nice to have a small quilt that you can tuck arround them.

Tracey J says:

so cute! I haven’t done much quilting yet, and I plan to make little bitty quilts myself to test things out. After Christmas! :)

Jackie says:

Flannel is just terrific for a baby! Great size too! Love the fabric.

Whitney says:

If only I were a very small child…

wendy says:

I love it! I just got some of the flannel in the first photo you show and I am in love with it. I also got some Amy Butler Love Dots flannel but it’s nowhere near as soft or nice. I definitely need more Little Folks!

Julie says:

I’ll bet that little blanket is super soft and cuddly and it’s cute.

Kelly says:

Very nice! I like the stripe that runs through it to match the other side!

Suzanne says:

What a sweet venture into the world of flannel. Merry Christmas!

Zarina says:

I can actually feel the softness from all the way here (Malaysia). The fabric looks great.

I’ve had my eye on that flannel for a bit. Some lounge pants are in my future.

Kyla says:

It’s sooooo cute!!! And im sure very warm. It turned out really nice and i have to agree with whitney….i wish i was a small child.

Pam says:

Old post — but I have a stack of these flannels and am wanting to make a warm & cozy lap quilt for the couch. Do you think a full size lap quilt with a flannel pieced front and full flannel back would be too *flannelly*?

LottieSue says:

I’m just learning about flannel. Friends have given me some flannel and I’ve purchased a yard or two at Joanne’s. The Cuddle Fleece they carry pilled like crazy. Recently, I ordered some Quilters Flannel which is lovely but only comes in 43″ or something like that. There’s a whole world of second rate flannel out there especially in the very tempting prints can you give advise or brand names of good quality flannel? Thanks