echino patchwork quilt #3

Tired of these quilts yet? I’m not!

echino-patchwork

More Echino goodness, this time with several of the newer prints (the green peacock one is my favorite!). For this quilt I went with the prints with greens, mustard yellow, turquoise and a little pink, plus several great solids in those same shades.

echino-patchwork4

I did the same quilting on this one as in the purple patchwork quilt. I really like the simplicity of it, and the minimal quilting keeps the quilt nice and soft!

echino-back

For the backing I used two of the pink solids, with a strip of one of the Echino prints, and the binding is a darker rose colored solid.

echino-patchwork-back2

I believe this one measures the same as the first, about 34″ x 43“, but I’m not home to check, so I can’t be perfectly positive. As with the last, it’s also listed in the shop, should anyone need a little gift…

This entry was posted in 2009 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to echino patchwork quilt #3

Audrie says:

I don’t think it’s possible to be tired of these! I really love the gorgeous colours you used.

wendy says:

I’ll never get sick of Echino! Or sick of your quilts.

Whitney says:

My initial impression was that this quilt has a bit of a Lilly feel to it – all those pinks, aquas and greens, you know – but somehow the echino prints trade in their preppiness for interest and artistic qualities. Those peacocks are fantastic!

Megan says:

I think this one is my favorite so far!

I love your quilts (and have a pile of Wonderland waiting in the wings) – I wondered what thread you used to quilt over such a varied colourway? Thanks!

Dena says:

Awesome ….. love all the colors and the added texture your stitching adds to the color palette. Magnific!!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

So far I have resisted purchasing Echino–not sure why. But I don’t know how much longer I can hold out. Beautiful!

...dotty... says:

Now these are more my colors……..very nicely done !

Emily says:

Love it! did you use a twin needle for the quilting or did you do each line seperately?

Ann says:

No way! I could not get tired of these. They are fantastic and you color combos, wow, just amazing. Keep up the good work.

Kate says:

Loving the solids and the binding is superb. Just got my Kona chart last week…feel a bit of click and cart coming on!

Kyla says:

Once again i LOVE IT!!! I cant get over how great all your quilts turn out. There are so many different colors in this that you would never expect to go together like mustard yellow and pink?? But it all looks so great together. Very unique color choices that blend very well. Unique and Adorable!

Erin says:

I really like the double line quilting.

Tricia S says:

Love this quilt!

susanne says:

Really love the quilting on this one. I just finished a quilt over the weekend and wish I had thought to do the parallel lines like you did. They look to be about 1/4 of an inch apart–perfect.

amandajean says:

it is nice to have a quilt that isn’t quilted to death, isn’t it? i need to remember that. :)

19. Pingback: Quilt Inspiration « YearofHandmade

Jacki Folkman says:

What size are the squares used in this quilt? I love these quilts and am inspired to sew again.

21. Pingback: a bold, fun echino boy quilt – Film in the Fridge