hope valley quilt progress…

hopevalley

I’m still working on the Hope Valley quilt in oranges and purples. I’ve been trying my best to use only the fabrics from the fat quarter set I bought at Denyse’s studio sale, but I finally had to admit that I wasn’t going to have enough for the backing and binding.

hopevalley3

So now I’m stalled for a bit while I wait for extra fabric to arrive. Turns out I needed more of the Hope Valley (and really, who can resist?) as well as more of the solids. For those who’ve asked, the solids I’ve used are all Kona cottons, in Amber, Chocolate (or maybe Coffee, I can’t remember!), Rose and Plum. The white is Kona Snow.

hopevalley4

Anyway, I hope to be able to show you the final product soon!

Also, thanks for such a great response to the new Flickr group! I think it will be a great place for questions and answers and any other quilting discussions. I’m embarrassingly bad at answering questions that are asked here (sorry!), but I think I can be better on Flickr. We’ll see. If you have any pressing questions, head on over and post them in the discussion section of the group!

hopevalley5

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to hope valley quilt progress…

Liz says:

I really wasn’t sure what I thought of that line, initially, but it’s REALLY growing on me. Especially this raspberry/orange combo… Can’t wait to see the final product! And I might have to use my Pink Chalk coupon and get some for myself…

Cristin says:

I have one print from Hope Valley… the grey Calico New Day… and I love it! I also wasn’t particularly in love with it when I first saw it, but I may have to grab more!
    Well done – this quilt look smashing so far!

Jackie says:

It looks beautiful! All the Kona cotton were a perfect fit for the Hope Valley line. Just gorgeous colors.

Gari says:

You are making this out of my two favorite colors. Now all I need to do is get you to send it to me for Christmas. ;-)

Wendy says:

I too am liking this line the more I see it! The Kona cottons that you chose are very happy with it -

Allie says:

Looks absolutely beautiful!

Claire says:

I agree with Liz….when I first seen this line of fabric, I don’t run to it or even walk for that matter. I browsed through the stash and then continued on my merry way. But know that I’ve seen this start of your new quilt, I’m so jealous, that I wasnt to go out and buy the fabric for myself.

I wasn’t a big fan of this line at first, but I DO really like this colorway. Very striking against the white.

Audrie says:

I hate having to wait for more fabric in the middle of a project I’m really excited about. I can’t wait to get my Hope Valley later this month!

staci says:

I am loving this quilt – can’t wait to see it all finished. :)

Jane says:

i like the purple and orange together!

i was wondering – where do you get your kona cottons? is there a website that has the cheapest price and still good selection?

Andi says:

Looking absolutely stunning!!

cherry says:

Beautiful indeed!! I am waiting on a set of the ‘New Day’ colourway, and I can’t wait. I can’t get enough of Denyse Schmidt quilts/books/patterns at the moment!

Laila says:

This is a stunner. I too wasn’t sure what I thought of this fabric line but seeing it like this I can say that i have fallen in looove. Will you be putting this one in your shop, I want it! It matches my sitting room.

i think everyone’s response to this fabric line is similar. we seek out her fabrics that are dwindling until we are nuts. she comes out with a new fabric line and we don’t appear impressed until we see the beautiful things that can be made with it. artistic combinations that inspire us. it would be hard to do an entire fabric line and knock everyones socks off at first. i say buy all you can girls…one day we will be hoarding and trading just like we are with FMF and KJR. ashley thank you for your continual inspiration. your work is beautiful and you bring something to quilting that a lot of younger quilters needed….imagination and artistry. beautiful quilt. i can’t wait to see it finished.

19. Pingback: i couldn’t resist. (buying more fabric) – Film In The Fridge