the big and the little (or, won’t she ever get tired of momo wonderland?)

I warned you about these repeat quilts. I’m going to show you anyway, even though they’re similar to nearly exact replicas of quilts I’ve already shown here, so you can feel free to skip it… (I’m almost boring myself with how many times I’ve made this same quilt!)

However, despite the number of times I’ve made it, I still just can’t get enough of it. Each time I pull one from the dryer, I fall in love with it once again. I made three more — baby wonderland versions 4, 5, & 6 I think? — but don’t worry, I’ll only show these two photos. I think you get the idea.

baby-wonderland6wonderland1-back

And then, because I just couldn’t stop, I decided to make a larger version, using a layer cake this time. And you know what, I love this one too!

wonderland

For the backing I used the same brown solid that I used for the binding of the baby quilt, along with a couple strips of the Wonderland fabrics. I quilted this one with straight lines as well, though instead of squares, I opted for a rectangular pattern on the diagonal.

wonderland-back

It’s big (54″ x 64″), and just as cozy and soft as the baby quilts, and would make a super quilt to snuggle under on the couch. Perhaps a nice matching set? Who knows. I do know that it’s for sale in the shop, along with baby wonderland 6, should anyone be interested .

wonderland4

This entry was posted in 2009 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to the big and the little (or, won’t she ever get tired of momo wonderland?)

magikquilter says:

i really love the back …it elevates the quilt to something even more special

I love this fabric and am having a hard time finding it. Do you have a secret place?? :) Love the polka dots on the back of the little one!!!

Sara says:

I never get sick of seeing these beauties! The brown on the back is great. I just ordered a jelly roll and can’t wait to turn it in to something snuggly!

barbara says:

Okay even if you get tired of working with MoMo I don’t think that there is anyone who follows you that would ever get sick of seeing it. The one downfall, checking your blog makes me want to quit my job and quilt!

Angela says:

i just adore this fabric line and am loving all of your wonderland quilts!

Whitney says:

My, oh my. I didn’t realize that you had made SIX of these! But now that it’s out of print, I suppose you’re going to be cut off pretty soon. A shame, actually — it makes such a great baby quilt!

Meg says:

I can’t imagine getting sick of Wonderland!! I’m still in my hoarding phase. A layer cake, a honey bun and 2 jelly rolls. I’m sitting and thinking a lot, but haven’t made any cuts yet!

Emily C says:

What is the name of that polka dot you used for the backing? Love it!

admin says:

Jessie – Nope, no secret spot – I just bought a bunch earlier on and now I’m getting to the end of it.

Emily – that polka dotted backing fabric is Rabbit Hole in Sugar, I believe. I haven’t been able to find it lately though… if you find any, let me know!

The quilt is beautiful. The brick building and the fall leaves are a perfect backdrop!

Chelsea says:

Sigh…. I’ve never owned any momo, though I’m sure I’d hoard it too. I always loved the scissors, for some odd reason!

MARTY says:

Very nice. Always love seeing what you make.

Maddy says:

the quilts are beautiful and with the autumn leaves background your pictures are perfect! :)

Audrie says:

I actually have 5 charm packs and a layer cake of Wonderland that I haven’t yet used… one of my favourite lines ever! So I can’t blame you for making more quilts out of it because it’s just so lovely :)

Crystal says:

LOVE IT!! I love the poka dots!!

kate says:

Such a wonderful range that a simple layout is the best way to showcase it…love the backing, that choc solid is stunning!

Claire says:

I’M SO JEALOUS!….I starting to really get into quilting after Wonderland by MoMo for Moda came out. So I only have a few (3) pieces of fabric from this line. I would of loved making myself a snugglly quilt to cuddle with this winter.

Linda says:

Hi,

As usual, you’ve outdone yourself. I NEVER get tired of looking at your quilts, both front and back. And it doesn’t hurt that the settings for your pictures are so delicious! Keep up the good work. My only question is–where do you get the time and energy to do all of this????

Linda

Mama24Monkeys says:

What do you use for batting? My quilts turn out fluffier and wish they wouldn’t!

Kyla says:

I love this!!! It is soo fun and funky. i am a personal fan of the polka dots. The different designs of each fabric loook great together!!! The solid brown with strips looks great as the background. It balances out very well

carol says:

Lovely quilt…I’m going to help teach some of our gals at church quilting and our first project is going to look a lot like this quilt…one question…what size squares did you use for the baby quilt and what size for the larger quilt?

Sophia says:

I love them Ashley!!! I wish I had bought some of this line! You make me want to use some brown!!!

saripu says:

Wonderful!!! I love the desing and the fabrics!

Debbie says:

How could you ever get tired of Wonderland? Fabulous line and fabulous quilts! Especially love the brown backing design.

Adrianna says:

ugh, wonderland is the. best. fabric. line. ever. so disappointed it’s gone. you were smart. all i have now is a layer cake and a mother in law scouring every quilting shop in the state for me for any leftovers. i say, if you have any left, keep these quilts coming! i had just decided to cut my layer cake in quarters for my quilt, but now i’m thinking I might leave them whole…thanks for another idea!

leslie says:

i have enough wonderland for three quilts but i just hate to cut into it. i am glad you are back..you give me inspiration…not to repeat, but to get off the computer and onto the machine.

leslie says:

this is off topic of the wonderland quilt. i have a lot of charms of amy butler midwest modern and daisy chain. i have a little fabric and i just noticed at the bottom of the page a quilt i have not seen. dead center. it looks like a great way to utilize charms and a wee bit of fabric that is left in a line. did you make that pattern up yourself? it is beautiful.

jaybird says:

i like the layer cake one the best!! .. and i won’t ever get tired of wonderland either!!

30. Pingback: Easy & Temporary Garland - crafterhours