online quilt festival 2009

california-dreamin

I had a bit of difficulty selecting the quilt to share for the quilt festival (because I love them all!). In the end though, I decided it was only appropriate to share these two quilts, since they’re actually at Quilt Market right now!

blue-striped-quiltpink-striped-quilt

These quilts were made for Jenean Morrison, using her new fabric line, California Dreamin’, which she designed for Free Spirit. (Isn’t it gorgeous?! It’ll be out soon, I think!) Each of the two colorways have beautiful colors and prints, and she asked for a stripe design to show off the various patterns. I really loved working with these fabrics and putting them together to create these lovely quilts. Thanks Jenean!

blue-striped-back2pink-striped-back

You can read more about these quilts in my original post.

I was so happy to have this opportunity, and I’m excited that even though I couldn’t go to Houston, at least my quilts got to!

cal-dreamin

Be sure to click the image below to visit all the other blogs participating in this online quilt festival. Thanks to Amy for organizing such a fun event!

bqf

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to online quilt festival 2009

Allie says:

Beautiful as always! How great that your quilts got to go to Market!

dee says:

You’re at Market! Wow…that’s like being famous…congratulations and I always love your quilts!

Amy says:

I probably mentioned it when you first posted these (If not I thought it) but, I really love those backs!

Kaye Prince says:

I think I commented when you originally posted these but I thought I’d comment again since I’m taking part in the Quilt Festival too! These are gorgeous – you did an amazing job!

Amy says:

Very pretty! I like the white stripes on the backing of the pink one and the effect of the piecing on the back of the green one. Sometimes the backs are every bit as much fun as the fronts aren’t they?

Jan says:

These are beautiful. You chose the perfect way to enhance a fabulous fabric.

Lauren says:

I love the way you’ve pieced the backs! Beautiful fabrics too!

Terri says:

Yay, such a great choice for your entry in Amy’s festival! I love the colors, the way you highlighted each fabric with its own stripe, and the quilting. How cool that it’s at the Fall Market!

ktquilts says:

Those quilts definately make me want the fabric! Great job!!

Blessings,
    KT

Carol Hansen says:

Nice to see such lovely fabric used so simply.

penny g says:

I love both of these quilts and think I commented when you blogged about them earlier. I adore the fabrics especially the blue and green.

emma says:

Well done! They’re both lovely quilts, and you’ve done your job well, since I’m already adding the fabrics to my wish-list!

Mary on Lake Pulaski says:

These are two awesome quilts Ashely! I bet they are attracting a lot of attention in Houston!!

Janice says:

So beautiful! I just saw a photo on True Up about the quilt festival and I recognized your pink quilt being shown off! Yay!

Anne says:

Those quilts really showcase that beautiful fabric!

Kyla says:

i love the quilts!!!! they are such great colors. beautiful fabric. i like the simplicity of the back. the different length stripes on the back is a nice touch.

Carla says:

The are both very beautiful quilts. But I’m partial to green. Love the backing. Great ideas. Good luck!

Stephanie says:

I love your quilts! You are very talented. Love the color combinations you choose. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

You’ve made some outstanding quilts so far this year. I can understand how yard it was to choose. Good choice. Looking forward to see what you’re up to next.

Karen says:

Oh! I love these!! I love the fabrics, colors, and the way you put them all together! Gosh, it’s even hard to decide which I like better – the fronts or the backs!

Beauties! Great quilts to show off the wonderful fabrics!

Love the colours on the quilt. Well done. Good luck at the markets

Vivika says:

I like the backs as much as the fronts!!!

sibylle says:

They are absolutely beautiful, very inspiring :)
    I am a fan of pieced backs too, just gives an extra dimension to quilts!

sara says:

I like it when people do something with the back as well as the front…Your quilt is lovely!

Trudi says:

Beautiful quilts, hope I see this fabric soon! Thanks for sharing :o)

Tammy says:

I got a chance to see the quilts at Quilt Market. They were beautiful in your pictures, and even more so in person!!

Robin says:

What a beautiful design! It showcases those gorgeous fabrics so well. And I love the way you pieced the backs. They are both lovely!

Rene' says:

I loved these quilts when I first saw them on your blog, but I think I love them even more seeing them again. Congratulations on having your quilts at Market. What an accomplishment. Thanks for sharing.

Gorgeous fabrics and a great design to show them off – love the pieced backs.

Aimee says:

I really like both of these, but I love the green one, especially– particularly the back! So creative.

Great fabrics; great quilts. Good choice!

Miri says:

Both quilts wonderfully highlight the fabrics! Love the creative backs!

Jenean says:

Ashley, the quilts were a HUGE hit at Market!! I can’t thank you enough! My husband held them up at my schoolhouse and so many people stood up with their cameras to take pictures that you would’ve thought a celebrity had entered the room! But the star attraction was your beautiful quilts!! I’ll write you more details soon- just wanted you to know how well-received these quilts were… everyone LOVED them!! Tons of “ooohs” and “awwwws”!! Thanks again!!

leslie says:

these are beautiful!! the colors and the fabrics are very pretty…i am sure that they are not having too much fun without you in Houston.

Ariane says:

I love these fabrics. The quilts are wonderful.

julie green says:

must get my hands on some of that fabric when it comes out. gorgeous quilts!

Rebekah says:

Gorgeous! You have a great eye for combining patterned fabric!

mu says:

the stripe idea is great and your colours work really well.
    beautiful, thank you for the inspiration

Michelle says:

Two beautiful quilts. I love how the stripes show off the fabric. They are lucky to be in Houston. I wish I was there too.

nicolette says:

They are borh very beautiful!

Christiane says:

this collection is so beautiful as are your quilts, I love both, perhaps the pink one a little bit more as I am totally into pink nowadays:)

Wendy says:

Love your work & your colours
    Thanks for sharing
    Cheers

mindy says:

i love love your quilts.
    as Im very new to quilting i was wondering about your backs…where you add pieces of color are those appliqued on top of quilt back or do you cut quilt back to fit them in?

Sara says:

I love, love, love both of these quilts! The color combos, the stripes, the prints….all of it! And I have never seen backs done like this before this Quilt Festival. Why couldn’t I have thought of that? Do you know how many extra blocks I have sitting in a box? GRRRR! Anyway, job well done!

finger thumb says:

Lovely. I especially like how you chose to photograph these quilts with a person (you I guess) holding them up against that great country road background. very nice.

Kim says:

Gorgeous! Where did you take that last pic? I hear we may be seeing you soon?!!! :)

Kathy Link says:

The quilts look beautiful. I love the way you carried the theme to the backs too.

Priscilla says:

they are gorgeous, and I love the backs too!
    Kristina

jaybird says:

beautiful quilts… i think i love the backs even more than the fronts!

Casey says:

Beautiful. I love the pattern.

58. Pingback: Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Fall 2009 » Amy's Creative Side