the start of yet another quilt…

Yep, once again, I’m starting another new quilt. I really should be finishing up some of the others that are currently draped over various pieces of furniture. (It’s hard to find a place to sit down around here lately!) They’re half completed for a reason though – I’m waiting for fabric for sashing for one, thread for another, and for inspiration to hit for a third…

So what’s a girl to do?

I pulled out this stack of fabrics the other day

pink-chocolate-fabric-stack

And made up a few blocks

pink-chocolate-blocks

So far I’m loving it! I smile every time I step over the blocks on my way to the kitchen (that’s the trouble with using the floor as a design wall!) Morgan’s reminded of Neapolitan ice cream, and I keep thinking strawberries & champagne (and chocolate!)… though maybe that won’t be an appropriate name for a baby quilt…

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to the start of yet another quilt…

Chels says:

Ooh… I love! Especially the skinny border (I guess it would be the third layer from the inside).

I’ve got a niece on the way so it’s time to start gathering ideas for what her quilt is gonna look like!Can’t wait to see this one finished!

When you buy fabrics do you go in looking for coordinated ones or do you just pick up whatever you fancy? Just curious! You alwasy have such a great varied selection

Sara says:

You’re so good at those narrow strips! Love them.

Cristin says:

Did you go to color school? Your color combos are always so interesting and new… and I always love them!

shelly says:

These blocks are beautiful and interesting. A fabulous combo! Well done!

Bear says:

I love when you post – I’m always in awe of your work!

heather says:

i REALLY like the blocks!! i’d smile everytime i stepped over them also. it’s hard not to start a new quilt when you have fabric like that together!!! :)

Kelly O. says:

I serious want this quilt! the colours are divine together!

cate says:

I’d love to see a pic of your stash. You look like you have SO many choices. Lucky.

Page says:

Love the mixture of colors. Really pretty. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

marty says:

Really pretty. You’re great with color and design.

Meg says:

If there is anything that makes me smile more than a stack of fabric, so full of promise, I honestly have yet to find it. Your blocks are quite gorgeous, and I can’t wait to see how it turns out! (ps–I’m reminded of sugar and spice, myself. That IS what little girls are made of.)

Anna says:

Those colors are just so scrumdidilyumptious (hooked on phonics worked for me!) To paraphrase Willy Wonka! I LOVE pinks and browns and that yellow champagne color is awesome too! Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Anna

Elizabeth says:

I love the one with the brown border, especially that little polka dot corner!

Raven says:

Babies are made with champagne, chocolate and strawberries….hahaha
    It’s perfect for a baby quilt!!
    You really are so good at this stuff!
    Those blocks are really amazing :)

Marilyn says:

Gorgeous colors!! And beautiful blocks!

Audrie says:

The colours are fantastic!! Love your colour combos :)

Carolyn says:

Love this! I think it’s time for me to start piecing again – it is my favorite part these days.

Holly says:

Those are the conditions under which many babies are conceived. lol

Eileen says:

Just wondering how you decide how much to charge for your quilts? I’ve got a couple of people interested in quilts and not sure how to charge them … looks like the more complicated, the higher the price? Is that accurate? Thanks, Eileen

Erin says:

Before I read the end of your post, I totally thought to myself “I REALLY want to take a bite of those blocks!” I’m glad your husband and I have the same taste in ice cream.

Beautiful, as usual. Can’t wait to see how you back it!

georgia says:

Really nice! I’ve been loving mustard and pink together lately too.

Jackie says:

Yes, very nice! I have also been using the design floor lately, as the wall is currently occupied. What about Chocolate Covered Strawberries for a name?

Munaiba says:

This is gorgeous. Far too elegant for a baby quilt. This is a romantic summer picnic by the lake quilt IMHO.

staci says:

I love it! I agree with the other posters – you have a great talent for picking color schemes. I would never have thought to add that touch of golden yellow – but it works so well! Can’t wait to see the finished quilt.

Kyla says:

I have to agree with Morgan. I am reminded of ice cream but that might just be because im hungry. The start of the quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love the color combination!!! cant wait to see it finished.

Angie says:

Those are wonderful! I love the way you have made those. :0)

oh fantastic!!! do you pre-wash your fabrics? they look so crisp! You totally make me want to take up quilting!

Theresa says:

Yes to Morgan’s Neopolitan but what about the caramel?

Suzanne says:

The colors are great…

Kath says:

Definately neopolitan icecream! Kath in England

Ginger says:

I’m late to this post, but the name is perfect for it. Next to pasta, lots of women consume those three items after having a baby, and as Raven said, they may actually contribute to the process that resulted in the baby!