autumn blush quilt

How appropriate for the first week of Fall…

autumn-blush3

The leaves around here are already starting to change, and there are even some that have already fallen, so I just couldn’t resist another fall leaf photo shoot.

autumn-blush2

I made this quilt out of a variety of fall colored prints and solids, including several of my favorite Heather Ross prints. I really love the addition of the pale pink prints -the tadpoles on the blush background, as well as a japanese stripe that matches quite perfectly.

And doesn’t it look great in this fall scene? All we need is a few apples, some cider and maybe a pumpkin or two to really complete the look!

autumn-blush-back

The back uses this lovely solid (how many times have I mentioned this color in the last few posts?!) I added in a few larger blocks along the top and bottom edge, and then a few of the smaller blocks near the center.

autumn-blush-quilt-back2

I stippled this one and then bound it in a nice medium brown solid.

autumn-blush4

Final measurement: about 36″ x 45″.

And it’s washed and ready to go! I’ve listed it in the shop for the moment, but I’m still debating… it really matches our couch quite well!

autumn-blush6

This entry was posted in 2009 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to autumn blush quilt

Linda says:

Oooooh, so pretty! I love fall, too. My favorite season. Unfortunately, here in extreme Southern California, I don’t get to see a lot of colors changing.

You inspire me, you know!! I am now making my first quilt. I haven’t cut my Far, Far Away collection yet, but am making a nine-patch from 5 sets of Charm packs. Keep your fingers crossed for me! 8-)

Linda

KarenAnn says:

This is beautiful. I love looking at all the project you work on. Gives me inspiration.

AbbyMo says:

You Amaze me! Everyday I check your blog and there is a different quilt! You must be a speed quilter! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!

Zarina says:

If I am in your position, all my quilts will not be put up for sale. But then, my house will be stuffed with quilts. Once again, great combination and it really looks great on the grass.

anina says:

I love it. Especially the bit of blush in there.
    You may want to remove it from the store if you’re thinking about keeping it. I think it’s going to fly out of there.

Cynthia says:

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I love the pale pink squares you threw in. I love it!

Beautiful colors… matches nature perfectly this time of year!

Suzanne says:

Another beautiful quilt! I am amazed at what you can make in such a short time!

Jackie says:

Great pictures of your quilt with the fall backgrounds. Love the quilt.

Nicole B. says:

Love it! Love the Haystacks in the back too!

I love love love the next to the last photo. And the quilt too, of course.

Jessica says:

Beautiful! I love the combination of fabrics and colors. As though I needed to add more ideas to the “want to make” list, but this sure puts me in the mood for Fall, and maybe even a little patchworking myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

eeva says:

I found your blog a couples of weeks ago. Now I visit here every day just to ENJOY your beautiful works. You use amazing colour combinations and magnificant fabrics. Thank You for the inspiration, even I don`t now have time to make quilts of my own.

Eeva, Finland, Europe

Alissa says:

Oh so so pretty! You’re making miss my home state of New Hampshire soooooo much. Nothing beats New England in the fall.

Terri says:

I really love this one! I love the colors you put together, and the simple squares, and that brown binding frames it perfectly. I was so inspired when you gave us a peak earlier this week that I pulled out similar colors. I was going to make a Fall mini but now I think I’m going to make placemats, which we use a lot.

amandajean says:

i LOVE the back…so very much. it is wonderful. the front is good, too. don’t get me wrong. i also adore the photo of the quilt on the round bale. so so good!!!

Rosie says:

Your photos are simply gorgeous! They make me want to quilt…so thank you!

Beautiful pictures. I especially love the one with the quilt on the grass with all the leaves. It really blends in so beautifully!

Such a perfect photo shoot! Looks great Ashley.

katekwiltz says:

Fantastic pictures! That quilt looks great!

Natalie says:

Your quilts are gorgeous! and I LOVE the way you photograph them! Just Lovely!

Jane Swanson says:

Stunning photography and Amazing quilt!

Kyla says:

I LOVE IT!!!! the colors are totally perfect for fall!!!! some great photography too!!! i love how you hung it from the treee thats soo cool. the color combinations you used are great . the pink is a nice touch. its kind of like your keeping a part of the summer during fall.

I hope it is okay for me to say — i LOVE the BACK! Love it!

Faye says:

i think im in love with ALL your qilts i have seen so far. I am bookmarking you!