block party progress

Just so you don’t think I’m over here slacking…

I pulled out the blocks I’ve received for my month for the Block Party Quilting Bee – I love to admire them (they’re fabulous!), and I’m dying to get them sewn together into a quilt top. I’m missing blocks from 2 members, but while I wait for those, I’ve started making up some additional blocks to add. Here’s what I have so far (and yes, I should take the time to iron them!)-

block-party

You may remember that I requested blocks in the style of Denyse Schmidt’s Drunk Love in a Log Cabin. I’ve been using my scraps, and it’s making for bright and fun blocks. Since I already have a fair number, I’ve decided to make enough additional blocks to create a queen sized quilt (I have too many throws, and not enough quilts that are bed-sized!)

Here are a few of the blocks I’ve put together -

block-party3block-party4

block-party5block-party-1

I just can’t wait to see it finished!

This entry was posted in Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to block party progress

Wow this is going to be awesome. I love these blocks!!

Sarah says:

It looks awesome. I love it!

anina says:

Love ‘em. This is going to be a stunning quilt.

Cristin says:

They all look great together! Of the ones you’ve made, I love the 2nd and 3rd the most! Well done!

Kelly O. says:

This quilt is going to be fabulous! I love the varying style and designs that you get in a swap like this…
    I’d like to try one someday but I don’t feel my sewing is quite up to par yet :)

Mary says:

Those are fabulous. I can understand why you are so excited about putting them together.

Linda says:

You have such a good eye for color and style! Of course, your photography skills are a plus!

Kyla says:

i love it!!!!! all the different colors make it really bright. good to see that you are trying to use up that extra fabric!!!

Donnelly says:

These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day

Andi says:

This is going to be an absolutely stunning quilt.
    Did you send out much fabric to each person? Did you use your scraps or send pre-cut fabric? I’m about to join my first bee and would love to end up with a scrappy looking quilt like this one!!
    Andi :-)
    PS I just noticed you’ve finished over 20 quilts this year alone. Do you ever do anything else? LOL

Megan Kay says:

Hi, I love reading your blog, and I love that you have a new quilt or part thereof to show us every couple of days- You are amazing! I am just starting out and I was wondering if you would be able to do a post on your favorite quilting items, ie: what sewing machine you use, your favorite thread, favorite fabrics, favorite scissors, rotary cutter, batting etc etc, just to give us newies an idea of what a pro like you uses. Any maybe any tips you have.
    I would love to read a post like this and I am sure many others would find it very useful too! Just an idea though, no pressure. I look forward to the next exciting project you unveil, you quilts are truly my inspiration.
    Megan.

Kit Lang says:

They’re allllll lovely – but I especially love the ones you’ve produced. I’m fairly new to your blog (I clicked on someone else’s blog roll) but I became a follower instantly after scrolling through a couple of pages of entries.

Love your blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

jaybird says:

beautiful blocks.. i look forward to seeing it all finished!

Lori says:

Beautiful! I love these blocks and now I’m thinking I want to steal/borrow the idea for a quilt of my own.

Marty says:

That’s going to be a great quilt.

Audrie says:

The colours are just beautiful!! Can’t wait to see it all finished :) I’ve decided I need more queen-sized quilts too so I’m working on one when I take breaks btwn projects.

beth says:

love this quilt in progress! can’t wait to see it completed! how fun!

adrienne says:

WOW! This is going to be gorgeous!

Deb says:

Is there a tutorial anyplace for making blocks like this? I’m sure most quilters might just look at your blocks and know what to do for the same effect. But I need detailed instructions and would LOVE to use up scraps for a beautiful quilt like this. Thank you! Love your blog; very inspiring!

amandajean says:

they are just beautiful, ashley!

Nicole B. says:

Can’t wait to see it complete Ashley!! Your blocks are beautiful!

Jane Swanson says:

Oh! I just love your new blocks. This is going to be an awesome quilt!

I like this style, I.ll try to get to make a few blocks today so I remember the pattern . busy at present doing stuff for cervical cancer charity

leslie says:

they look great. i read your blog daily as you are such an inspiration to me as i am sure you are to everyone. you are very gifted ashley. you are actually a teacher to all of us. you do not take things too seriously. i have learned that from you and it has enabled me to absolutely love quilting. thanks.
    more tutorials would be great as well. better yet….how about a book?

27. Pingback: block party quilt top – Film in the Fridge

28. Pingback: FITF: in love with drunk love | Film in the Fridge

29. Pingback: Opportunity Quilt – “Block within a Block” » Ventura Modern Quilt Guild