baby wonderland III

Sometimes simple is best, which is why I continue to come back to the simple charm square quilt.

wonderland-front

I especially love this type of quilt with the MoMo Wonderland fabrics. This is my third — another baby quilt. I realize that this is a bit repetitive, but maybe we could blame it on the end of summer? I’ve been trying to spend more time enjoying the end of summer and less time sewing (which is a bit hard for me! I’ll admit to bringing my fabric scraps to the beach so I can do both simultaneously!)

wonderland-front2

The backing is one of the polka dot prints from this line, which I really love, and the binding is a nice chocolate brown solid.

wonderland-back

For the quilting on this one, I continued with the diagonal quilting lines, though on this one I used three lines about a 1/4″ apart running diagonally in one direction with one line running diagonally in the other direction. I skipped every other diagonal so it wouldn’t be too busy. I love this pattern, and I think I’ll probably play around with some more straight line quilting in the future!

wonderland-back2wonderland-back3

It measures about 34″ x 42″ and is now for sale in the shop. Sold! Thanks Megan!

I love this quilt as much as I’ve loved the previous two I made. And speaking of, the second version of this quilt was sold to Angie, and she kindly sent me photos of the quilt in its new home. I was thrilled that she took the time to take a few photos – it’s fun to see that she’s loving it! Thanks Angie!~

angie

This entry was posted in 2009 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Charm Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to baby wonderland III

Joan says:

I love the quilt — and the backing is perfect!

Audrie says:

I agree with you — simple is best! I love the back fabric… the dots were one of my favourites in the collection :) I’ve got a bunch of Wonderland charm packs that I need to make quilts out of!

alexis says:

the colors are simply gorgeous!

Linda says:

I love to do simple squares on baby quilts and to play around with color. Like you, I often do straight line quilting with them…sometimes I use the serpentine stitch and sometimes just the straight stitch. Your baby quilts are really cool. I have also been trying out different quilting line combos lately. It’s fun. Love your blog!

Mary says:

Great quilt and I love the backing with the polka dots.

Anna F. says:

The quilt is beautiful! I really like to polka dots on the back. I received my fq’s yesterday. Thank you so much!!!

Oh, this is so cute. I have Wonderland in the 10″ squares and have plans… I really like the polka dots on the back and the solid brown binding.

Charity says:

Gorgeous quilt! The simple squares are my favourite! :o)

Liz says:

The backing is great and I LOVE the brown binding. Perfect!

Cristin says:

Ashley, how many quilt elves do you employ? ;-)
    Seriously great quilts! Love that fabric too… the scissors pattern is the best!

Dena says:

I agree, sometimes simple is best. I love the backing and your quilting design. Great effect.

Angie says:

Ashley, what a treat to see myself on your blog today! Your new quilt is beautiful and I hope it finds a new home soon! Thanks for all your “wonder”ful inspiration!

Kyla says:

this quilt is ADORABLE!!!!!! each one is different so it cant get old. i love what you did with the backing! and have also seen you at the beach quilting away

Marty says:

Love the quilt. Great size too.

Sarah says:

I love your designs! Beautifully simplistic. You’re such an inspiration for me. ;-)

Marquita says:

Beautiful!
    I wish I could have the time to try and make one of these…

Suzanne says:

The quilt is adorable and so is the giant polka dot backing. What caught my eye was the texture of the warehouse background in contrast with the jumping colors of the quilt.

amandajean says:

i love quilts with just plain squares. they allow the pretty fabrics to shine. you make me want to order some of that fabric. but i’m trying really really hard to be good. :)

pamela says:

The machine quilting is great. I love the diagonls!! It gives the quilt such a great effect. Love beautiful.

Karen says:

Gorgeous baby quilt! Like the way you quilted it!

kreachr says:

I stumbled across your blog via a quilting friend of mine, and I just have to say you make some lovely stuff. This particular quilt is so simple, and yet so gorgeous – the quilting is genius! I like the idea of using simple lines in various combinations (like the last quilt with two lines together, and this quilt with three, crossed with single lines) – brilliant :-)

jaybird says:

simple can be best!! i have a honeybun and some yardage of this line waiting to be used!!

julie green says:

I love the quilting on this one. Gorgeous.

Georgina says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Baby Wonderland 2 quilt with the pink and circles back. Wondering if you would be making a 4th version anytime soon as I would love to have one made for my little girl :) Your quilts are gorgeous!!!!

Emily says:

Love the quilt! I just bought some MoMo Wonderland in a jellyroll to start a quilt of my own because yours is so cute! Question: what size squares did you use for this quilt?

27. Pingback: Through The Looking Glass » Blog Archive » Quilty