9 patch quilt a long

9-patches

I finally made all 70 9 patches! I think I’m a bit behind (amandajean‘s beautiful quilt is already quilted and gifted!) but that’s ok…

I’d never made 9 patches before, and I found them kind of fun. I don’t think I’d ever want to do 70 all at once, but a few every couple of days was manageable!

I have most of the top put together, and I’m hoping to get the rest finished over the weekend.

9-patch

Almost all the fabrics were from my scrap bin, though still it doesn’t seem to have made a dent. And consequently I’ll be working on putting together some more scrap bags for the shop!

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to 9 patch quilt a long

Kama says:

Do you use fusible batting, batting spray or pins to hold your batting, front and back together? I’m trying to find the best way to do it. Up to this point, I’ve been using pins… I love this quilt. Think I’ll have to give it a try next!

I just joined amanda’s 2nd quilt-a-long! I wasn’t in on the first so I’m excited! Rec’d your scrap bags that I purchased – they are awesome! Thank you so much!

Sherri

anina says:

Oh oh! I really need to start putting my nine patch together. I’ll only have 48 blocks though.

Audrie says:

It’s so pretty! And huge! Love it :)

I love all the 9-patches with the white sashing. I signed up to do the 9-patches also, and then life took over and I’m WAY behind….

Kelly O. says:

Oh! how beautiful!
    I would love to do the quilt along but I’m not done the one for the Old Red Barn Co. yet!

Maybe soon…

Faith says:

WOW, looks great! I think I need to learn about these Quilt-a-Longs when I’m done with all the projects in my head!

beth says:

love your quilt! i just started the second round, so i’m looking forward to having a nine-patch too.

Karin says:

What a gorgeous quilt top!!

Tara says:

IT looks great! I need to figure out how to get everything to line up so perfectly–mine always ends up wonky!

Sarah says:

lovely quilt! I like the white fabric around the squares, it really makes them stand out :)

Wendy says:

Its beautiful! I just joined Amandajean’s second nine patch quilt a long… and am trying to decide if I should put sashing between them, really like how yours turned out.

Callipygian says:

It’s lovely! I enjoy seeing what others come up with purely from their scraps, it’s an inspiration for me as I join in my first quilt-a-long.

kyla says:

BEAUTIFUL!!! it looks great! and i sure you spent a lot of time on it! the contrast of white and all the colors make each color pop. it was worth the time and effort

Zarina says:

For me the nine-patch is the basic of patchwork. But your work – is so divine that now, I am planning to make both side pieced and putting more white spaces than ever into my quilts. Don’t you just love the white spaces.

Juice says:

Gorgeous!!!!!! I wish I was your real life friend – I’d love to be gifted with that one. :)

Mal* says:

I’m trying to assimilate “do a few at a time” theory into my life. With results as gorgeous as this, it does make sense! Lovely work, as usual.

susan says:

yours is lovely!
    i just figured out why everyone chose sashing, you dont have to match up all those seams!!

amandajean says:

it. is. gorgeous!!! i have the same problem with my scrap bin. and as far as finishing mine already, i think it’s because i gave it as a gift that i actually finished my quilt on a semi-deadline. that helps a ton. :)

Karen says:

It really is gorgeous! All of my 9 patch blocks are waiting for me….still haven’t begun to cut the sashings. What I have been doing for a few days, has been sorting/pressing/cutting Christmas plus other appropriate colors, as my 2nd QAL with the 9patch blocks will be a Christmas quilt. I plan on using black sashing to set off the colors.

Anyway, I think something “funny” is going on in my stash bins, both Christmas and regular….they have been growing in size!

Karen L.

jaybird says:

beautiful… now if i can only finish my blocks!!