open for business!

I have a new shop!

If you had asked me even as little as a month ago, I would have told you I didn’t want to sell online… however, I do want to continue making new quilts, and I suppose that means that I can’t continue to keep all of them! (or else we need to find a bigger house!)

You can click through to my shop using this cute shop button Morgan made for me

button-shop

For the moment, you’ll find several baby quilts, including the 4 small ones from yesterday, and the lovely A Sprinkling of Hexagons. In the future, I hope to have a few larger quilts and maybe some smaller items – bags and such… oh, and perhaps at some point I’ll sell some of my extra fabric. We’ll see!

I hope you’ll take a look and let me know what you think!

This entry was posted in Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to open for business!

Jenny says:

Congratulations! Good luck with your new adventure!

Heather says:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Congrats ;) Now… where are all those cute boy quilts I’ve seen??? {wink. wink}!

Rachel says:

Congratulations Ashley!! Love the shop and shop button too! I was wondering where you might set up shop (here, etsy, local). Good luck & enjoy!

whitney says:

I think the “SHOP” button may be my favorite part! (Although, maybe I should be telling that to morgan, not you!) Congratulations…I’m so impressed you’ve finally cut a few quilt strings.

Audrie says:

Congrats and best of luck!! :D

lauren says:

Your shop is beautiful! I love all your quilts, they all have such a fresh and springy feel!

Alissa says:

Congrats! That’s kinda also why I started selling… what to do with all these quilts??

Ann-Marie says:

GREAT shop!!!! GOOD LUCK to you!

Claire says:

I envy the person who gets to be a proud owner of one of your FABULOUS quilts. Good Luck on your new adventure….and who knows, with the way quilts come flying off your sewing machince, maybe you could even up open a local shop…..I know if you did i’d have to take a little vacation just to stop by and look around and propbably buy something….sometimes there’s nothing like impulse buying.

Joan says:

Your shop looks great! Congratulations!

Sara says:

It looks fabulous! Best of luck with the sales (not like you’ll need it with that eye candy!)

Amy says:

Fun! Congratulations and good luck!

Katie B says:

Congrats! I know you’ll have success with the shop.

Emily C says:

i love your shop website. simple to use, great photos. love your quilts!

kerri says:

How exciting!! Congrats on your new shop, and I also love the shop button!! Morgan did a great job!! :)

Cristin says:

Yay for you! Great way to “get rid of” some of your many quilts! Plus its extra spending money for FABRIC, eh?

Love the button!!!! And all the quilts in the shop are great. Good luck with your new venture!

Erin K says:

It is beautiful. Wish you the best of luck!

Amber says:

Yeah – congrats! It looks fantastic!

Jennifer Davis says:

so when did you find a way to get 36 hours in a day? i think that you must have some way to do it, because your quilts are going to go to new, very appreciative homes, and you will just want to make more, more, more! you are so prolific, i figure you just don’t sleep. good luck with your store – and your SHOP button is great, too!

Doris says:

That looks great, I would definitely buy your scrap bags…any extra fabric you have sittin’ around, girlfriend! Congrats…

tracy says:

this is really well done and professional. best of luck to you. your stuff is beautiful.

Linda says:

Love your shop. Morgan is to be congratulated on the “Shop” button. You are one talented lady, and as soon as I get up the courage, I’m going to cut my Far, Far Away fabric and make a quilt like yours! I especially like your “Half Hexagon” quilt. It’s da bomb! 8-)

The only thing that is off-putting to me is the way that one “home page, blog” thingy floats down as I scroll down. It makes it hard to see the quilts and your narration. Does it only do it to me, or does everyone else see it?

Whoever gets one of your quilts is a lucky person, indeed!

Linda

ctherine says:

Always wondered why you didn’t have a shop. Your quilts are very inspirational . Congratulations on your shop, I’m sure it will do well!

Barbara says:

Love your shop (and the quilts). Have you thought of selling pattern/tutorials?

Collette says:

It’s really lovely!

frostedbetty says:

Looks great!! Good luck with clearing out your closets :)

jaybird says:

congrats!! i’m thinking of opening a shop… one day… let me know how it goes for you!!

Kyla says:

Finally you’ve decided to sell some things..haha. The shop button is ADORABLE!!! I’m glad you’ve decided to sell some things and wish you good luck!!!

Jane Weston says:

Congrats on the shop…

I hope you don’t mind me asking you a question. I have been machine quilting this afternoon and having real problems with the back pleating. I was wondering if you had any top tips to stop this from happening. I’ve been admiring your machine meandering and hoped you might shed some light on my dilemma. thanks

henny says:

I’ve been a reader at your blog for such couple of months now. Congrat!! Enjoy the new adventure. Btw, so lovely SHOP button you had :)

julie green says:

looks great. i just saw a vintage 1940 quilt with hexagons on blue that made me gasp… then i saw yours with the purple. LOVE it.

Kara says:

I love how simple and clear the layout of your shop is. It really showcases your work and the fabric.

One thing I didn’t care for was the floating thing off to the left that moved as I scrolled down. It was a little distracting.

Beautiful quilts! How do you have time for everything?! You need to write a blog about you manage to accomplish so much!

Terri says:

Congratulations! What a great shop. Wishing you all sorts of success with selling your quilts.

carol says:

When are you going to publish a quilt book…seriously…your designs are delightful and your fabric choices are brilliant…wish you would share your knowledge and expertise with us!

Ellen says:

Congrats! Love the shop, and of course the merchandise. Just think, the funds will allow for more fabric!

I just found your work in the past couple of weeks thru Flickr. Love your work! Congratulations on the shop!

Nancy says:

Love this! Can’t wait to see what else shows up in the shop!

BeckyD says:

Congrats! I just recently found your blog and just love your style. Best of luck with your shop. Love that berry color on the hexagon quilt.

Sar says:

Congrats on the shop! Are you shipping outside the US?

Sarah says:

Hi, best of luck with the shop.

Just a bit of feedback I thought you might be interested in… the “Film in the Fridge thing” that follows you down the shop page is kinda annoying (and blocks some of the quilt description text).

Alissa says:

Congrats on your shop! It’s great!

Brittany says:

Good luck with the shop! I’m sure you’ll do great.

Carrie McG says:

Love the shop! Can you do a tutorial on how you set it up? So great!