oh so many paint-by-number birds!

Too many? I hope not. I do love them so, and I liked the idea of using a lot of this fabulous fabric in one quilt.

birds-of-a-feather

I’m proud of myself for cutting into the fabrics. Typically I’m a hoarder, but perhaps this is a sign that I’m getting better…as this quilt used up practically my entire stash of the paint by number birds. I’ll probably keep searching for more though (still a hoarder at heart!)

birds-of-a-feather-top

Someone mentioned the other day that when they use up their favorite fabrics in a quilt they then can’t give the quilt away. I’m in the same boat…

quilt-stack1quilt-bindings

If you came over to my house, I may not be able to offer you a seat, as all available surfaces have currently been taken over by the ever-growing quilt stacks. They make me happy just looking at them, and so for now, I see no problem in having so many!

Oh, and I did donate the top quilt – the baby wonderland – to an online auction. (you can check it out here if you’re interested!) One down…

This entry was posted in Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to oh so many paint-by-number birds!

Sara says:

Oh, that one is superb! The little white lines in the blocks are really great. You’re a patient person to work with such small pieces!

I can’t get over that heavenly stack of quilts!! I wondered what you did with them all!

Yaya says:

I just started reading your blog and am so inspired to start quilting! I’ve been knitting for about 2 years now and just started sewing, so I’m eager to try out quilting once I get some sewing projects under my belt.

Love your quilts!!

Kristy says:

Such a beautiful quilt, I love how you used your favorite fabrics! The block all the way on the right in the 2nd row is my favorite.

It’s so great that you donated the baby wonderland quilt!

Des says:

I am completely in support of selfishness when it comes to those paint by number birds! I have one fat quarter left that will probably age and go dusty because I refuse to cut into the last one.

The quilt is fabulous!!

Ginger says:

I am also hoarding those paint by number birds… too perfect to use with my rudimentary sewing skills right now! I finally found all 4 colors!

MichelleB says:

It is wonderful! Definitely not too many birds. Good to hear that it is possible cut into your beloved fabric. I, too, am a hoarder at heart.

Heather says:

OMGosh… that is sooo funny! I often wondered what you did with so many quilts {IE: boutiques, gifts}… but the truth prevails… they are on your couch! LOL This one must be a keeper… The bird are amazing ;) I just picked up some Lush Deer and I now have a vision!

kerri says:

i love this one!! i would definately want to keep it for myself to admire it everyday!! i need to find me some of the paint by numbers fabrics!!!

Jackie says:

Love the quilt! I have been known to hoarder too. I just finished my Project Improv quilt and I’m have some troble giving it away.

linda says:

Oh, I love it! I love birds and would love to have some of this paint by numbers fabric myself!!
    From a fellow hoarder!

anne says:

I love this way you’ve centered the birds in these blocks. What a great quilt!

Ann-Marie says:

what a beautiful stack of GORGEOUS quilts!!!

Every time you make a new quilt, I think to myself, okay now THIS one is my favorite. And right now, this is IT! (although I’m still so in love with kaleidoscope). Anyway, uh, thanks a lot, Ashley. About that bird fabric, which I had never evern seen before, and now am absolutely obsessing over it. I even had a dream about it last night.

Holy crap that is a lot of quilts for someone relatively new to the hobby. Do you ever spend time with Morgan?

I started off giving away everything and then had a realization that I only had one quilt for myself. Now I am hoarding them all. Time to start giving them away again…

Claudia says:

I love the paint by number birds! I have a bit of the deer, but I didn’t realize there were birds as well! What a lovely way to showcase a treasured fabric

Jabba says:

Very cute quilt! I would have trouble cutting into that fabric too. I’m working on my first quilt today, my fingers are aching from all the pinning! I am dying to blog about it, but it’s a gift for my parents and I don’t want them to see it in case they read my blog.

amandajean says:

i love the new quilt top! it looks great. you do randomly pieced blocks so well. and i LOVE your quilt stacks. i started “displaying” quilt stacks on various empty chairs around my house. :)

i am a fabric hoarder, as well. i just pulled out all of my flea market fancy fabrics from my stash. and it’s a pretty decent stack….

Tanya says:

I love how you used white in the randomly pieced blocks, it stands out almost like little frames to my eye. The bird fabric is wonderful, lucky you.

Becca says:

Not too many at all! I love them! The white sashing pulls it all together. My sashing usually goes dark, but you’re inspiring me to give light a try.

kaite says:

great pictures of all the quilts!

Alissa says:

I love it! Love the improving you’ve been doing!

Kate says:

Oh Ashley, the paint by numbers quilt is really something else. I just WOULD NOT be able to part with that one…it’s a keeper!

laura says:

Very very cool. I think after all that work it would be hard to give away, or sell, them.

Speaking of (and perhaps I’m just not reading closely enough) … where / how do you sell all these beautiful creations? Do you have a shop? Or work with retailers? It seems like you have a wonderful new creation every few minutes … you are a quilting wonderwoman I think!

Shelly says:

Luv it! Can’ t wait to see it quilted. You go girl!!!!

delaneysduds says:

I absolutely love it! Where did you find the bird fabric? My daughter’s name means little bird in Gaelic and I would love to make her a quilt like that!

Emily says:

You are unbelievable! A quilting machine. I can’t believe how many quilts you’ve finished this year. AND you got married!!! I’m so impressed.
    I LOVE this quilt! It’s beautiful. Really nice.

Valerie says:

Oh, the green-eyed monster of jealousy has overtaken me…that bird quilt is soooooooooooo cute!

sheree says:

This is a lovely one…I really like all the white!

And how great you donated the quilt…that looks like a very interesting site…I’ll have to browse around there one day soon!

Sheree

jacquie says:

i think it’s just right!

Rae says:

Am. so. jealous. of your time…That is just unbelievable. I don’t think I could have that many FOs just sitting around but good for you. And if you ever get sick of them you really should open up a shop and sell them and make the millions you deserve for being such a crafty productive gal!!!