pillows to match a quilt

This is a little more ‘matchy matchy’ than I typically like, but I’m doing it anyway! I made these blocks for my string quilt tutorial, and so I needed a way to use them…. quilted pillows…yes, please!

quilted-pillows

I put together four blocks for each pillow and then framed them with white to make them large enough to fit an 18″ pillow. The back is one of my favorite green Flea Market Fancy prints. Both sides are quilted and then sewn together with an invisible zipper.

pillows2

It’s fun to have new pillow covers, and with all those colors, these should match with almost anything (and of course they match perfectly with my favorite string quilt!)

pillows

This entry was posted in Household Goods and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to pillows to match a quilt

I love it! I just made a string quilt pillow last night.

Barbara says:

Love it. I’ve never tried making pillows, but this might just inspire me to give it a shot!

Sarah says:

I like them! whats wrong with a little matchyness?

Amy says:

Making good use of that backing fabric I see…

katy says:

LOVE it! I’m going to use your string block tute to make a little mat for our entry way! So excited to try this method out. I simply love the look of it!

Emily C says:

I really, REALLY love your string quilt~and these pillows! (Oh, no! Another idea to replicate!)

Kim says:

Dear Pillows,

I think you are beautiful. I see a little Yankee Swap in your future!

Yeah!

Yummy! inspirational as always!

tracy says:

As usual, love it! So, did you quilt each side with some batting under the fabric or quilted piece and then sew it all together. I really love the idea of a quilted pillow. And I have to say this every time I comment but darn, you are FAST!

MichelleB says:

They are wonderful! They will look great together.

Sue in France says:

I just Love the string quilt. You are sooo clever. I am in a place unable to buy fabric right now, but have lots of biggish scraps in plain colours and a big piece of white satiny-type stuff – all thrift stuff. Do you think it would look okay as a string quilt? I am longing to have a go – not made a quilt in years. Also love your dresses. Used to make all my own when I lived in Africa. Do you have a pattern for a lady who doesn’t like to show her arms or cleavage, but likes to look pretty? I can’t find a pretty dress that’s not for a skinny/young/tall/thin/shapely person. I am not these anymore!! I am going to look at your site every day now that I have come out from under the rock!! Thank you. Sue.

katie says:

i love these pillows! the back fabric is so dreamy!

Jodi says:

Those pillows are totally fantastic!

Sarah says:

These are so happy and bright!! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I will have to give it a try.

Sophia says:

Ashley, these are wonderfully beautiful! Love them! (love that quilt too!)
    Where do you find all that flea market fancy fabric? There is none in my area! I would love to get my hands on some :-)
    Sophia

Alissa says:

As usual – I love your work! So beautiful!

heather says:

Just love your blog – everything is beautiful!

These pillows are wonderful.
    i think the wide white border really makes them sing.

Heidi in Arizona says:

I’m new to quilting and LOVE your work. Any suggestions for a good machine quilting tutorial? I can’t wait to make the quilt that matches these pillows! LOVE IT!!

Nicole says:

Awesome idea. Looks fabulous.

Ginger says:

Wondering if you sell these pillows as well…forget the swap! I may not be able to wait that long.

willy-nilly says:

These are so awesome! My man would think I went off the deep end if I made another pillow though.

anina says:

So pretty! I know I couldn’t make a spiderweb quilt, but some pillows – that seems doable.

32. Pingback: Modern Quilts - pillows to match a quilt, part 2 – Film In The Fridge

33. Pingback: Arcadia String Pillows « Fresh Lemons