Folding fabric, quilting ADD, and a swap, maybe?

First of all, thanks for all the wonderful comments! There are definitely some crafty people out there, and many, many scrap lovers! I’m inspired by all your comments to start loving my scraps, rather than feeling overwhelmed by them. My next quilt will use scraps (once I get them all organized!)

Speaking of organizing, do you think it’s possible to get a blister from folding fabric? I’d laugh too, but I’m the one with the blister… I was using my plastic ruler to fold the fabrics to the same size, and apparently kept hitting the same spot on my hand. Ouch! Hopefully I can stay organized so I won’t have to spend another weekend folding fabric!

Secondly, do you think there’s such a thing as quilting A.D.D? If so, I have it. I just could not get focused on anything this weekend. In an attempt to avoid doing taxes, I thought I should start a quilt, but instead seemed to have started more than one. Should I start a coin quilt? Should I do a little paper piecing? Maybe work on something that’s already started?

I have nothing to show for it save for this pile of cut fabrics…

new-quilt

And back to fabric… folding all of that fabric reminded me that there are still a few fabrics I’m dying to own… so I was wondering if anyone might be up for a swap? I’m looking for the Heather Ross mushrooms, either white or yellow, or the gnomes in yellow. I’m also looking for two of the Flea Market Fancy prints – the small posies in blue (as shown below but in blue), and also the larger floral bouquet in blue.

gnomes-mushroomsblue-posiesfmf-blue-bouquet

I have other FMF prints I would trade, or Heather Ross VW buses in either pink or blue, or I have a couple of fat quarters of the Heather Ross seagull print. Let me know if you might be interested in swapping!

Winners of the scrap giveaway will be picked tonight and announced tomorrow morning…

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Folding fabric, quilting ADD, and a swap, maybe?

Jessy Roos says:

I do have some of that Flea Market Fancy with the large floral in blue. I have an oversized fat quarter, so I don’t know if that’s much to trade with. I was so excited to find it when I went to Toronto, I bought 2, plus one in yellow. Let me know if you’re interested.

Sarah says:

I don’t know if my hands have ever gotten blisters, but sometimes my hands feel rough after handling fabric for awhile. My hands are all beat up right now from hand sewing the binding on my quilt.

wendy says:

My hands hurt like crazy for a few days after I overdid it trying to meet a deadline! Being an “everything by hand” quilter has its disadvantages.

I wish I did have some of those, esp. the Heather Ross. I do have free floating goldfish to trade for VWs if you need it.

It’s my birthday today! Check out my blog to say happy bday to me.

Michaela says:

I don’t have a blisters, but I do have a muscles aching on my hands everywhere, I was machine quilting a lot.

Sara says:

I’m on the edge of my seat wondering what you’re doing with that pile of cut fabrics. I know it’s going to be good!

amanda says:

I got my FMF from So South Haven in Michigan in December. Maybe you could give them a call and ask if they still have it or not? If not, I could swap fq of those blue FMF fabrics with you.

nichole says:

i saw on etsy that there is a shop selling some of the blue posies fabric. it’s obscenely expensive though. i guess it depends on how much you want it.
    here

AngelaM says:

Love your quilts, and love your blog too… I have about .75 of a yard of the larger floral bouquet in blue, if you are interested.

Dorrie says:

Ashley found some FMF at two smaller stores in far northern California, they’re posted to my blog along with the store phone numbers.