the honeymoon is over…

But what fun it was! Thank you to everyone who left comments congratulating us and sending best wishes. I really loved reading them all! I think there will be one other wedding-related post once our photos are more organized. (hopefully three wedding posts isn’t too many!)

We spent our honeymoon on Boca Grande in Florida, which is the teeny little town on Gasparilla Island in Southwest Florida. We were married there as well, and decided we didn’t need to spend any time traveling to some other secluded beach when we had beautiful uncrowded beaches right where we were…

We spent our days looking out at turquoise water

looking-at-the-gulf

looking for (and finding!) all the common and uncommon shells on the beach (thanks to my Aunt Susan for letting us know what to look for!)

shells2tiny-shell

and then organizing them by type (I just can’t help collecting things!)

shells

taking lots of photos of ourselves (luckily Morgan has long arms!)

beach3

and watching the sun set over the Gulf

sunset

It was all quite perfect!

(returning to work and Vermont will be very hard!)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to the honeymoon is over…

Nothing beats sunset and surf. Looks like the perfect place for a wedding and honeymoon. And keep posting pictures.

Kama says:

That looks like an amazing honeymoon. Congratulations!

You two picked a perfect location for both wedding and honeymoon. Safe travels pack to the cold country. : 0 )

sounds like a fabulous time as newlyweds :) Hope spring comes to vermont soon!

Alissa says:

Looks like you had a great time!! Hope the adjustment back into life in Vermont isn’t too tough!!

meghan says:

Oh did you have a beach wedding? I am doing a beach wedding and I would LOVE to see some photos!

Ginger says:

I’m pretty sure that none of us ever getting tired of looking at happy people who are just married. Keep posting those pix! Our shells haven’t returned home yet (the box seems to have landed in your parent’s laundry room) but I think we will have fun picking through them again when they return. I’ve been back a week and I’m still thinking that I’m on the Gulf, so good luck with that re-entry!

Cheryl says:

I need to tell my SIL to head there for the shelling. She would be in heaven!

Chris says:

Look at those shiny rings :-) This looks heavenly and relaxing. Congratulations!

turtlewon says:

Sad to see you leave but great memories remain…

joree says:

I’m sorry I missed you when I was there, but I am so happy to see that the weather worked in your favor. Keep sharing those memories. I look forward to wee ones in the future.

xo

-j

Susan Williamson says:

Hi Ash,
    Love these photos and all of the others you posted. We are finally getting back to life in Vermont (always a special place), but wow! it was great to be on Boca Grande with you and Morgan, and the Williamson entourage. Fabulous wedding and absolutely wonderful bride and groom! Glad you continued shelling — it is addictive if you are a collector.
    Love, Aunt Susan
    P.S. The shell in your hand is a baby horse conch.

Bethany says:

I found your blog through a google search and I’m in LOVE with all of your crafty ideas and beautiful quilts. I’m planning my own wedding and I just wanted to tell you how beautiful yours looked! I’m actually from southwest FL and have visited Boca Grande beach weekly since I was a baby! It’s beautiful and so are your pictures! Congratulations!