I succumbed to the Orla Kiely mania

I wasn’t going to. Honest. We don’t have a Target in Vermont, so I figured I was out of luck. I made a half-hearted attempt by having my mom look at the store near them, but she didn’t find anything. Then we came down to Florida and I was surrounded by Target stores, and what could I do? I figured I should definitely stop by all the ones I came across to see if they had anything.

To tell you the truth, I almost gave up after the first one – not because I couldn’t find anything, but more because I was with my mom who thought it would be helpful to periodically call out “Orla!” while we were walking through the store, as if that would summon the products to us. We received a few odd glances, and I thought calling it quits might be in order.

Not one to be able to give up on a hunt though (remember me and the out of print fabric?!) I stopped by one other store this weekend and managed to find what I was looking for. Instead of being selective and buying a few pieces, I opted to grab everything I could and run! (that makes it sound like I made a break for it – I did actually pay for these items…). And here’s my haul… I’m stil trying to decide if I do actually need all of it, but for now I’m enjoying looking at it all. I’m trying not to think about how I’ll get it all back to Vermont…

plates, cups, coasters, oh my! (oh, and dishtowels, not pictured…)

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to I succumbed to the Orla Kiely mania

Eileen says:

I just bought a mug and two sets of dish towels, which I may actually repurpose into something else. I love this stuff! I’ve been an admirer of Orla’s for a while, stalking her website just to see if there might ever be ANYthing in my price range … Thanks for sharing!

Cary says:

I gave in to the “Target Demons” as well. Almost 400 dollars later (I know, I’m ashamed) my home is full of lovely Orla Kiely goodies! They make me so happy (even though five buttons have already fallen off the chair cushions…I just bought them Friday.) Enjoy!

Two glass tumblers broke this weekend, and I love those orange pears, so I’m thinking…buying her tumblers with the orange pears might actually qualify as a NEED. Right??

tracy says:

I already made a pillow from the dishtowels!
    If I were not using it in the upstairs of my home, I would have definitely gotten more of the pear motif. I am trying to use the flowers and stick with those colors. I went to Ikea today to search for things to accompany it!

Sarah says:

I WANT IT ALL!!!!!!!! Seriously.

Kate says:

I guess I am out of the loop because I’m not familiar with the Orla mania! No Target stores in Vermont……how do you survive? I visit Target at least once a week! Ash, if you are looking for a particular item, just let me know and I will check out the Target stores around me. :)

Alissa says:

Ohhh I’m jealous! My local Target in here in LA of course sold out immediately. None for me! So sad… You scored!! I say pack that up in a box and mail it home to yourself! That way you don’t have to lug it around before you get home. Your wedding must be SO soon, right?? Yay!

hannita says:

I was mulling over those cups on Sunday night. They’re lovely but don’t match what I’m going for in the dish category. So I passed. Sadly.

Meg says:

Wow… I never realized how lucky I was to live in California. We seriously have a target store at every major strip mall or shopping mall.

Nice haul!

Debra says:

I’ve never seen them either, my closest Target is 3 hours away, but the stuff you got is so cool! I love the canisters!

Casey says:

I don’t have a Target close to me at all! I wish I did, I love that stuff :(

nettie says:

are those glasses glass or plastic. i am terribly picky about glass glasses.

Cheryl says:

Why have I not heard about this? Alas, no Target in Canada….

Rachel says:

Thanks for sharing this info! I must have been in a cave to not hear about Orla & Target… Went out yesterday and bought a few things! yeah!

Kara says:

Yeah, I went to three different Targets to get all the stuff I wanted. I feel a little crazy, but I am so happy. I LOVE my canisters too! And my apron…and my tray…and my cups…

16. Pingback: » an Orla Kiely beach bag » fabric and photos