swapping is fun!

I love fabric. You already know that. I have many go-to favorites that I use often in quilting and then I also have some particular favorites that I just look at. Those are typically discontinued fabrics that I can no longer buy, or fabrics that I worked really hard to find. It seems as though these would only be appropriate for a really great project, and I haven’t come up with that yet!

When I posted recently about my quest for out of print fabrics, I heard from a lot of you who had similar feelings about discontinued prints. I also was pleased to hear from a few people who had some of the fabrics I had been seeking. This resulted in a couple little swaps (my first swaps, actually!).

First up, a little swap with JoJo, who happened to have some of the orange and yellow retro oval prints from Sandy Klop’s Peas & Carrots line. I had some of the red, which she was looking for, so we did a bit of a trade. I’m so pleased to add these colors to my collection! Now, I’m desperately seeking some of the green, so I can complete this set! Anyone?

The second swap was actually with someone in Vermont, strangely enough. Julie emailed me to let me know that she had some of the paint by number birds from Erin Michael’s discontinued Uptown line. She generously sent me some of both the pink and the green, and I’m so in love! (these might get added to the stack I’m afraid to cut into!) She indicated that she wanted to make a quilt using the pink birds, and requested some corresponding fabrics. I picked out several browns, golds, and greens which hopefully will work for her quilt. I should have taken a photo before I mailed it to her!

Don’t you just love these birds? Ah… I’m in fabric heaven!

Now I shall continue my search for some Heather Ross prints (but then again, it seems everyone’s looking for these fabrics, so I won’t hold my breath!). I’m hoping to find some of the mushrooms, and I’d love to find the gnomes on the yellow background…

And, as always, my never ending quest to own all of the flea market fancy ever produced (ok, that’s a (slight!) exaggeration!) Actually, I’m only seeking the blue sprouts. That one must have been the most popular, cause it’s awfully hard to find!

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to swapping is fun!

Sarah says:

I love the paint by numbers fabric! So cool!!

Kat says:

I am really jealous! Those birds are fantastic!

Karissa says:

I have three fat quarters of that bird fabric and I am so afraid to cut it! I’m not sure what I’ll do with it–no project seems worthy enough!

Anna says:

Funny that you would mention swapping when Sew Mama Sew is doing a fat quarter swap starting today! It’s pretty random but seems fun too. Good luck on your quest for that fabric.

Anna

JoJo says:

Lucky you. I have a little of the birds fabric in every color but the green. Would love to find some of that. The blue sprouts are beautiful also.

Dorrie says:

I’m going on a little shop hop to some of the smaller quilt shops in northern cal today, if I see any of either, I’ll pick some up and let you know…happy sewing!

jacquie says:

i adore that peas and carrots fabric…i think i have a little bit left. i hate when fabric i love disappears.

wendy says:

I love those birds! I know how you feel, I want to own everything in the Lightning Bugs and Other Mysteries line, plus everything Tina Givens has ever produced!

Hey, check out my blog, i’m giving away some fabric this week.

You’re killing me here. I didn’t even know that mushroom fabric existed (obviously I chose not to notice it since it can’t be mine). I have the gnomes in blue and that’s enough for me, but now I REALLY want some of the mushrooms. ugh!

jennifer says:

I might have a fat quarter of the green you’re looking for. email me if you still need it and i’ll double check this weekend to make sure i have it. quayandco@gmail.com