a quick hello from Florida

I’ve been in Florida for a couple days trying to get some details nailed down for our wedding. We’re still lacking a location for the ceremony and someone to perform the ceremony, but I’m happy to say that we now have a location for the lunch after the ceremony and we also now have flights so that we will actually be in attendance at our own wedding – good idea, right? I procrastinated far too long, trying to find the absolute best deal. I hope someone will remind me next time that it’s not worth the extra stress!

It’s hard to be without my sewing machine (is that sad?). I’ve been checking out everyone else’s sewing projects online, but it’s not quite the same. To make myself feel like I was still part of the sewing community, I bought a couple pieces of fabric…

It didn’t exactly work, but I have pulled them out to look at them more than I’d care to admit! Ah, fabric!

I have a sewing project to work on for the wedding when I return home, and then we’re headed back to Florida in mid-February for about a month, so I’m afraid this blog will be kind of boring for a while…

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to a quick hello from Florida

Lisa says:

Ooh, a Florida wedding. I’m jealous! (About the weather, not planning the wedding- haha!)

I bought that green dotty fabric this weekend, too! :-)

betsy says:

congratulations!
    what part of Florida will you be in?
    Tampa area and north is cold for a few more days!
    I am talking 22 low with 46 as the high.

Jackie says:

I think showing up for your own wedding would be important. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Laurie says:

tee he he… I bought that yellow last weekend! Enjoy your time in Florida!

Alissa says:

Oh I completely understand missing your sewing machine. It tough to suddenly lose the creative outlet! Are you bringing it with you when you go for a full month? If not you’re gonna have to take up a new craft! Embroidery is nice and portable… ;-) Good luck with the planning!!

kelly says:

While I’m glad you’re here in FL with me, I really wish you would take this cold weather back with you.. :o) Its freezing, sorry had you been here a week or so ago we were in the high 70’s.

Tara T. says:

I have that yellow fabric and I decided it is one of my favorite. JoAnn’s…=)

amandajean says:

i love your new fabric! i miss my sewing machine when i’m not at home, too. you are not the only one. :)

Vone says:

Just wanted to let you know that I love your quilts. I have never made one before but you have inspired me to want to :)
    I have given you a Kreativ Award on my blog.

No, not boring…we like to hear wedding planning details. Well, I do anyway!