…so I made it a skirt.
(though perhaps I shouldn’t use the word ‘naked’ in my title, or I might find myself with visitors looking for something other than sewing crafts!)
I grabbed all the fabrics I had in red, green and brown and created 7″ blocks, each using 2 fabrics. I wanted my tree skirt to be a bit larger, so I created enough blocks to ultimately make a square about 60″. (It looks like it shrunk a bit in the wash, and is now about 57″ square.)
My goal was to finish it on Saturday so that we could get the tree on Sunday… I didn’t quite make it, as I was still hand sewing the binding on Sunday morning, but I’m pleased to say that I got it finished and now the tree looks lovely!
Now I should get busy sewing so there will be some presents to put under the tree!