Restocking

I should be working on gifts, but instead I’ve been busy making bags. I sell a few items at a local shop and with the holidays approaching, it was time to provide them with a bit more variety. I finished these four market bags over the weekend and have a few more cut out in case they’re needed. I posted a tutorial for these market bags a while back, in case anyone’s interested.

I love these fabric combinations, and really had a hard time giving them up! I was supposed to be using fabrics appropriate for fall/winter, but have a hard time getting away from the bright fun colors. Hopefully there are others out there who also want fabrics that remind them of sunnier days!

And I even remembered to sew in my tags…

I also made a few sets of dishtowels, and they’re packaged up to be used as gifts.

I also have an order for a number of produce bags (thanks Robbie!). I’ll be doing a variety of colors – something to suit everyone, hopefully! For now, I only have these dark purple ones done, but there will be more to come…

I have one simple project I have to complete before Thanksgiving, and then I really need to get started on the projects I’ve been neglecting! Apparently I find it far too easy to put these things on the back burner… something to work on in the new year, I guess.

This entry was posted in Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Restocking

Natalija says:

So cute bags :) My market bags are quite boring.

Sarah says:

All of it is SO pretty. Where do you get your tags made? I need to order some.

Amber says:

Guess we are thinking alike again :-)
    I just made up some tote bags for a local craft fair out of some of those same fabrics LOL!!

Kim says:

Just wondering if you have time for SQUASH ROLLS amidst all of this sewing!?!?!?!

Dallas says:

Great bags. I need to make myself some more big shopping bags to carry with me. I love the fabrics you chose.

Amy says:

I’ve made bags from Ashley’s tutorial before and I can vouch for it’s excellent-ness.

Alice says:

Your bags look great! keep up the good work and you
    know what keep making your bags, have fun, everytime you
    go out carry one and visit some fitness clubs see if they want
    to sell them on consignment for you. Good luck!!