What does this remind you of?

I said a raspberry lime rickey, but no one seems to know what that is. Morgan’s vote is for black raspberry sorbet, and I think we’ve settled on ‘black raspberry sorbet with a hint of lime’. Long, and not really that catchy…

I started this quilt to use up this fabric — I had ordered a half yard of each of these patterns and when they arrived I was really at a loss as to what to do with them. They’re not the colors I’m used to using, and I had some trouble incorporating them in with my other fabrics. I finally decided to just use them together in a strip quilt. I added in the Full Moon Polka dots in Lime, as well as the Urban Chicks houndstooth in avocado to brighten it a bit.

Originally I just sewed all the strips together, but then felt it wasn’t wide enough. I opted to use some of the remaining fabrics to cut several blocks which I used as a strip on one side.

For the back, I used the remaining fabrics to create wider strips. I ran a bit short so I added in a vertical stripe of solid white. Now that I see it in these photos, I realize how similar the front and back are – I suppose that either side could be the front!

I quilted this one using lime green variegated thread, and I really like the way it blends in with the majority of the quilt, but then stands out on that white strip.

Despite my “eh” feelings about this one in the beginning, it’s really grown on me, and I’m quite a fan now that it’s complete.

This entry was posted in 2008 Finished Quilts, Finished Quilts, Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Strip Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to What does this remind you of?

Amber says:

Very pretty – it looks like little rows of blackberries…like a field of berries :-)

Amy says:

L.O.V.E. it. Not so much the name though…

essie says:

i love the fabrics you’ve used. the patterns are really pretty.

Tricia says:

I don’t care WHAT you call it…it’s gorgeous! Can you tell us what fabric line you used?
    Tricia

Tricia says:

Oops…of course my question was answered when I read down a few posts! It’s my first time to your blog and already I am hooked! Great fabric choices, nice full-view quilt photos, lots of detail. Thanks!
    Tricia

Sarah says:

I love it! I think “black raspberry sorbet” sounds like a delicious option!

Krista says:

I found your blog via seekatiesew.blogspot.com and I have fallen in love. This quilt is so “cool”. My daughter is in love with all things that are Lime, Pink & Aqua. Who would have thought that these colors all belong together?

Karla says:

Absolutely beautiful! Great name!!

kburklin says:

looks gorgeous….I love the colors.

12. Pingback: Sew,Mama,Sew! Blog » » Featured Creativity ~ Daisy Chain Highlights

Katie says:

I found your quilt through the sew mama sew! blog. Its beautiful! I haven’t ventured into quilt making yet, honestly never thought I would be interested. As I get more and more into sewing I know that I’d love to tackle one someday. Beautiful colors, love the addition the green makes. Great job!

amanda says:

So lovely! I love the simplicity and the vibrancy of this quilt. (I found you through SMS, too!)

Tammy says:

LOVE IT! What a beautiful quilt!

Sarah says:

I love Lime Rickey’s and think the quilt is better then a Lime Rickey on a summer day. congratulations on your beautiful wedding!!!

Helz says:

Have just discovered your Blog & I’m well & truly hooked … Many more visits to follow!!! But had to tell you how much I Really… Really… plain adore this particular Quilt ~~~ Inspirational.

18. Pingback: picnic stripes - Film In The Fridge

19. Pingback: I Will Bequeath Every Half Finished Thing in My House to My Nephews! « Tiny Cat Pants