I said a raspberry lime rickey, but no one seems to know what that is. Morgan’s vote is for black raspberry sorbet, and I think we’ve settled on ‘black raspberry sorbet with a hint of lime’. Long, and not really that catchy…
I started this quilt to use up this fabric — I had ordered a half yard of each of these patterns and when they arrived I was really at a loss as to what to do with them. They’re not the colors I’m used to using, and I had some trouble incorporating them in with my other fabrics. I finally decided to just use them together in a strip quilt. I added in the Full Moon Polka dots in Lime, as well as the Urban Chicks houndstooth in avocado to brighten it a bit.
Originally I just sewed all the strips together, but then felt it wasn’t wide enough. I opted to use some of the remaining fabrics to cut several blocks which I used as a strip on one side.
For the back, I used the remaining fabrics to create wider strips. I ran a bit short so I added in a vertical stripe of solid white. Now that I see it in these photos, I realize how similar the front and back are – I suppose that either side could be the front!
I quilted this one using lime green variegated thread, and I really like the way it blends in with the majority of the quilt, but then stands out on that white strip.
Despite my “eh” feelings about this one in the beginning, it’s really grown on me, and I’m quite a fan now that it’s complete.