Phew! That was a lot of sewing in a short amount of time. This was my first attempt at free motion quilting, and I love the way it turned out. I won’t say it wasn’t difficult, because it was, but it was worth it. I imagine it will become easier with more practice. I have to figure out a better way to sit and maneuver the quilt though – I ended up with a really sore right arm, so I must be doing something wrong (I’ve never heard anyone complain about sore muscles from quilting…)
Here it is fresh from the dryer –
This quilt used random sized squares and rectangles framed with stripes of fabric. It incorporates a lot of my favorite fabrics (all leftover scraps!), and a variety of designers. Since I’m loving orange, and since many of the fabrics used on the top had some orange in them, I opted for the Amy Butler Full Moon Polka Dot in Tangerine for the binding. I think it gives it a fun look, and a change from the browns I’ve been using for other bindings.
The back is predominately white, with one section similar to the front, though made with smaller blocks.
This one measures about 60″ x 48″, so it’s a bit bigger than the other two I’ve completed.
Love that crinkly look!
You can bet I’ll be laying under this one on the couch tonight!