The spotted quilt top is finished!

Anyone have a name for this one? I haven’t been able to come up with anything, though it seems like it needs a good name…

So the good news is that I still love this quilt, maybe even more so, now that it’s all one piece. It’s a bit bigger than the other two finished quilts. I kept adding one more row, or one more column, but soon found myself out of polka dotted fabrics, so this is as large as it’s going to get. I haven’t yet come up with fabric for the back – I think I’ll need to order something, but am not quite sure yet what I’d like.

I questioned the one dark brown square (as seen in the first photo), and even made a replacement. I don’t really want to tell you how long I spent staring at it with that square, and then with the possible replacement. I kept re-entering the room to see if I liked the look, or if I found it distracting. In the end, I decided I liked it, and kept it as it was. I think (or hope, anyway) that it’s balanced enough with a couple other darker fabrics on the other side.

I can’t wait to see this one finished!

And of course, I’m already onto another quilt. I guess that shouldn’t surprise you…

This entry was posted in Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The spotted quilt top is finished!

nettie says:

ooohhh, I love this one! it’s great!

Amy says:

This is the best quilt I’ve seen in a very long time. I can’t stop looking at it. I love it! Is it all improvised, or was there a method to your madness?

Terriaw says:

I can’t decide if I like this one better than your last one. This turned out very cute. I love the different variations in the blocks. And I like the name you are using now – spotted quilt!

Alissa says:

Love it! I’m completely awful at picking names for my quilts, so I’m so help to you… but I can’t wait to see this one all quilted!

Betty says:

It so beautiful! I love how it looks like the blocks are all different sizes- but I think they are all the same size- right? So nice!

7. Pingback: » I had to buy more fabric… » fabric and photos

8. Pingback: » A quilt sandwich » fabric and photos

kburklin says:

How about: “Windows on a Pretty Day” It looks like windows to me, with a very pretty day outside. Nice job.

10. Pingback: » A trip to the city » fabric and photos