I may have mentioned that I hoped to have my second quilt finished early this week.
Well, I suppose that Thursday doesn’t qualify as ‘early’, but I’m pleased to say that I did finally finish it. Let’s just say that it would have been finished earlier if I hadn’t procrastinated so much about binding it.
In my mind, I imagine that part to be the worst part, and can easily talk myself into starting a new project, rather than doing it. Once I get started on it though, I realize that it’s not nearly as bad as I make it out to be. I think I may actually be getting better at it too. I can say that with certainty because not only did this one go faster, but I only made myself bleed once! That’s progress, people! (Unfortunately, the location of the stabbing was my chin – obviously I’m holding my sewing up WAY too close to my face!)
After a lot of deliberation, I went with the brown floral for the binding. I considered a solid color, but couldn’t find anything locally that I liked well enough. Morgan claims that he was the one who picked this fabric for the binding, so I guess I’ll have to give him credit – job well done – I love the final look!
I’ll be keeping this one as well. Morgan’s already claimed it as his couch quilt, so now we have a his and hers. It’s good, because we really didn’t fit too well under the zig zag quilt (though we did try!)