Seeing Spots

I was on a roll starting and completing one quilt before starting another, but that’s gone out the window. I blame it on my fabric scraps, really. I’m not sure I can assign blame to an inanimate object, but I’m certainly going to try. Because really it’s because of the fabric scraps (and my love of looking through the box of scraps) that I’ve started another quilt before finishing the binding on the Katie Jump Rope quilt. oops!

Last night as I dug through my scraps, I discovered that I had a lot of fabric scraps with polka dots. I can’t resist polka dotted fabric, and I guess it’s obvious since I was able to pull out a large variety of them.

I decided to do 8″ squares using these polka dot fabrics and solid white. I alternated using the polka dots as the center square with a white border and then the reverse – a solid white center with the polka dot border. I have 20 done so far, and I’m loving the look.

It’s funny, but most of the time I have an idea for a quilt and I know that I’ll love it when completed, but I sometimes don’t love it as much when putting it together. On this one though, I’m already wild about it. I don’t know if that means I’ll feel less excited when it’s done, or if I’ll love it even more…

This entry was posted in Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows, Posts about Quilts, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Seeing Spots

Alissa says:

You’ll love it even more!! I know just what you mean… I often question my choices as I’m going along but just plow through and am almost always happy at the end!

This is super cute. I LOVE the variations in the size of the centers and placement of them…

evensweeter says:

I think this one is my favorite so far. Hard to say that, being that you have so many started, but I’m quite confident in my proclamation — it’s truly awesome. Any idea what you’ll do on the back?

Nancy says:

This one is cool! I sometimes start another project before I finish the first. I think it only matters that you are enjoying the process. If I start to feel stressed that I have too many loose ends and unfinished projects, I go back and finish them.

Terriaw says:

This quilt is looking pretty cool! I like the idea that you are finding all these treasures in your scrap stash. I wish my scraps were that coordinated, but you are inspiring me to find a way with all your productivity lately!

turtlewon says:

This one is my favorite so far as well (with the exception of the unfinished Cathedral Quilt). This one looks so fresh and fun and unconventional — nice work and so fast too! How’s the day job by the way?

Diane says:

Found you on Flickr through Heather Bailey’s website. I’m totally inspired by this quilt. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Amy says:

Wow! My bloglines went nutty for a few days and look at what I missed! You’ve been busy. I love this one – everything actually, but this one is my favorite also.